Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

You feed it a lot less in the fridge as it slows down,I keep mine in the fridge when Im not baking it sits on the bench when Im feeding it up ready to bake…Remember to take some out when you feed it,,,otherwise its going to get bigger and bigger and need more flour to feed it.,,I put 1/4 cup of mother into 3 cups of flour and 1 and a 1/2 water and 1 1/2tsp salt for my no knead sourdough at its worked well…The pizza wsnt as good no knead and the clay baker yeast loaf came out well too.,,,,,,,,,,,,.Next time its sourfdough clay

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

It sounds like a monster in the making

SnagsSnags

It is alive and growing,all the bits you take out can make great pancakes too………………………….Easy day today I lined up the stones ready to glue them in tomorrow, cleaned the gutter ready for some rain today,,,,now going to pressure cook some chicken legs remove the meat and make some chicken and mushroom pies for lunch and for the freezer.

SnagsSnags

then watch the football

SnagsSnags

Organised a mulch shipment

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Where are you getting your mulch from snags?

SnagsSnags

Neighbour is back with a big trailer asked me if I wanted a few loads of green waste,so Im cooking him and his wife lunch…I m just going to stockpile a hump and let it turn to soil and use it as I need it,,,,,,My garden beds are settling as the hugleculture rots down under them so I will top them up when they are a bit fallow,,,which is almost never ………..the green waste up here is mainly palm fronds and turns into nice black soil pretty quickly

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

We have plenty of fronds but they never seem to rot down we don’t have the rainfall

SnagsSnags

Palm fronds hang around for years,unless they are put through a mulcher first.
    I will finally get one next time I go to the big smoke….Im enjoying my new stone masonry skills so next project may be a wood fired oven to get rid of the fat ends of the fox tail palm fronds

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

A wood fired oven sounds great. We have a mulcher but the fronds play havoc with it.

SnagsSnags

Small or large mulcher and what type of palms?

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

good question about the type of palm but the mulcher isn’t that big and the stringy bits of the fronds are the problem

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

good question about the type of palm but the mulcher isn’t that big and the stringy bits of the fronds are the problem. I have just done a bit of research on google I think they are “Christmas/manilla palms

SnagsSnags

The reviews on the ozito sound good and it has a replacement warranty of 2 years so if it doesnt work it will go back

Chews up palm fronds like a dream

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2013
    I just bought this today hoping to make a dent a giant pile of palm fronds, not really expecting that it would handle the big ends. Wrong! This beauty ate golden cane, carpentaria, foxtail and fishtail fronds and even the stupid berry branches. It took just a couple of hours to turn Everest into nice neat mulch.

+
    It did what it was supposed to, more than expected.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/ozito-2400w-silent-shredder/2.html

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Is it electric or does it have a motor?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,501 through 1,515 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.