Aussies Living Simply

What are your gardening plans this weekend?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What are your gardening plans this weekend?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Those bloody husbands! Ya gotta watch ’em… 😉

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

not telling me anything new…. mine mowed over a small self seeded tree the other day :@

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Hmmm no news there about DH mowing over self seeding trees. I’ve banned mine from mowing at the top of the property where I’m trying to get a screen of self sown wattle and gum trees to grow. He keeps mowing them down :angry: . He’s been banished from the ride on mower which he really does hate :whistle:

KristyKristy

Dug up garden beds and planted raspberry canes, strawberries and asparagus crowns, dug 9 huge holes for the fruit trees and then had a nap lol, before all the family came over for dinner…

mashellymashelly

Yesterday we chopped down some trees for next years wood supply..

today is pouring with rain 🙂 so I think I will get my seeds out go thru them all and pick what to sow out for spring/summer and write a big ole master plan for the garden

BelBel

Kristy post=318230 wrote: Dug up garden beds and planted raspberry canes, strawberries and asparagus crowns, dug 9 huge holes for the fruit trees and then had a nap lol, before all the family came over for dinner…

How are the raspberry canes you bought from Hahndorf – were you happy with them? Did you have enough strawberry runners to cover the area you wanted?

Didn’t get to the grafting day yesterday – too much else to do. Cut up some strips for DD6 quilt & cooked a cauli/potato/brocc soup for lunch. Then off to work. Heading to the market this morning to buy some fruit and veg before going to work…

KristyKristy

Bel the raspberry canes look like sticks lol, but very happy, seemed to have good root systems and she threw in some extra baby ones she couldn’t sell, but said they will grow. Covered the whole fence…

Strawberry runners are fantastic and covered quite a large area thank you very very much. I’ll upload my blog later on.

Just finished planting the 9 fruit trees and now coffee time whilst the drizzle falls.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Pruned the roses who in return sliced my hands apart ’cause silly me didn’t wear gloves :pinch: had arvo tea then donned the gloves for a second attempt 😉 , trimmed the hedge around front of house and trimmed the crepe myrtles around deck. Planted peas in fruit grove to get a green mulch and maybe some peas :whistle: . Did a trip around the fruit trees with the secateurs too and uncovered the veg garden seedlings which have survived the rains and the broccoli plants are looking good :tup: A very snippy day :laugh: but I’ve now got the most horrendous hayfever from the Cootamundra wattles :blink:

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Spent most of Saturday in the berry patch reorganising boysenberries and preparing beds for veggie planting as we are going to plant the possum sensitive veggies in the enclosure this year. Sunday sowed some red and brown onion seeds and leek seeds.

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Well, seeing spring seems to be well and truly sprung and it’s gorgeous weather out there, I thought I’d resurrect this thread and see what you are all doing.

I’m going to use that old compost I raked up last weekend to top dress some fruit trees and digging it into another vege garden that’s been dormant. Going to put corn in this one very soon I think! And my purple queen beans.

Plus a whole lot of little odds and ends around the place…. 🙂

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

Im off to mystery shop a hardware, while there, Im grabbing a bag of cow poo and some wire.

Potatoes, beans and strawberries to plant this weekend

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

Im also mixing the roundup up, so I can kill all the weeds in the woodchip out the front, Im sick of trying to pull them all out by hand, its time for the heavy guns

sue esue e

want to have a go at striking some tomatoes from cuttings. has anyone had success at this? a bit of tidying up. want to move the ducks to clean up under the lemon trees but will need help with that so not sure if that will happen as I am the only one still standing- we have a flu epidemic in this house.want to liquid fertilize everything.clean out the chook house so I can get a new lot of compost happening.Put some paper and mulch down for composting paths around the vege beds.Still repotting to do. 🙂

AnjaAnja

The weather is supposed to be wonderful in Melbourne this weekend so hopefully I will be out there a LOT! There are pots that need repotting a nd a vegie garden ready to be planted out!!!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I will be out in the front garden, working on my re-designed garden.. it’s beginning to look pretty good .. I have just watered my little seeds that are popping up under glass.. this weather is bringing them out in abundance :tup:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.