Aussies Living Simply

What are your gardening plans this weekend?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What are your gardening plans this weekend?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    mistyhollowsmistyhollows

I thought it would be great for people to share what their gardening plans are for the weekend. Or it could be simply what you plan on doing around the yard.

For us we are going to be still putting together the chicken coop. It’s the taj mahal of chicken coops I think. The gardens will be too wet to do anything with and the coop is being built in the garage out of the weather. I have no idea how we are going to get the darn thing out of there and to it’s new home it’s that big :shrug: .

These ladies when they get here will have a palace :cheer:

sue esue e

wanna fertilize the beetroot, cucumbers,silverbeet. plant out the cabbages,roma tommies,my 1 borage plant that germinated from very old seed.mow. do some repotting.get the last chooked bed ready for some zucchinis. sit on the patio with a beer(if its as warm as today), otherwise a red or two inside..watch Gardening Australia.:)

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Watch Gardening Australia tomorrow night, forgot about that one :tup:

sue esue e

it seems like they are repeating themselves after all these years but it’s still the hilight of my tv viewing week.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

ironically me too 🙂

I want sue e’s weekend!!! :tup:

IdunaIduna

I want to fertilise everything that needs it, weed and turn over the site that will have pumpkins, zuccs, spage squash and the two types of cucumbers. I need to finish harvesting the turnips, pull out mu hot house and take the temp inside to see if its warm enough to start the seeds in that. I also need to do a lot of weeding. I think its going to be too wet for most of that.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

It depends on the weather.. if it’s not too wet I plan to prune the plum tree and do some more weeding/mulching.

I have created a summer time retreat under a lemon tree and that still needs some work, so that could be my focus this weekend 🙂

KristyKristy

Plant 9 fruit trees, plant the raspberry canes, asparagus crowns and strawberry runners, build a chook run and if I have any spare time after all that start flattening my garden bed paths… Fortunately I managed to get Monday off lol…

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Well, I’m not going to get too excited. I’ll wander around and have a look and ponder. Then I’ll wander again, pick a mandarin off the tree and eat it while I think about a new chook pen, look at all the weeds and think I really need to get into them, maybe get distracted by a bird flying past. Then I’ll be so exhausted from that I’ll sit in the sun and think about life.

Of course if I really get excited, there is a pile of trimmings that I could mulch. I might weed around my leeks and triffids (welsh onions). I should thin them out and replant them – they don’t like staying in their clumps.

Of course I’ll have to let the chooks out and they’ll need watching. And after they scratch the mulch out from under the trees, I’ll have to rake it all back.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to handle the pace… 🙂

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Gee Steve you’re going to be exhausted from doing all that running around. You’ll need that Sunday nap too 😛

BelBel

Might go to the SA Rare Fruit Society grafting day tomorrow morning. Working the rest of the weekend 🙁

But I do have a long list of things DH can do for me in the garden this weekend…. :laugh:

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

I’m going to start pruning. As usual, have left it later than I wanted to, but c’est la vie.

I purchased a greenhouse last week from Maze in Clayton, so will be getting the site prepared for that.

selinaneilselinaneil

I plan on sewing some more veggie seeds, planting out more seedlings and repotting some plants that are out on my deck.

After this I have no gardening plans for the weekend. In fact, I plan to have a pedicure and enjoy a little retail therapy!

http://selina-veggiegarden.blogspot.com/

BlueWrenBlueWren

Kristy post=318053 wrote: Plant 9 fruit trees, plant the raspberry canes, asparagus crowns and strawberry runners, build a chook run and if I have any spare time after all that start flattening my garden bed paths… Fortunately I managed to get Monday off lol…

I’m fairly certain you will need it!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.