Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What are you doing today? (part eleventy billion)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What are you doing today? (part eleventy billion)

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
  • Author
    BoonahgirlBoonahgirl

Dusted tomatoes this morning because of the caterpillars. Just made a dateloaf and cooked some pumpkin for scones later. Fed the sheep and chooks – still only getting minimal eggs out of 10 chooks atm. Going into town today to pick up the mail etc, and get some rodent baits – I have lost the best part of two bottles of Seasol inside my fertiliser cupboard because they have chewed through the plastic. Will also visit a local nursery as they have some specials on some natives which we want to screen down one side of our place. Then hopefully some time to cut out a top I want to make for summer. Then make pizza for dinner tonight.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve been digging in mud trying to get some Arrowroot out, pulling “triffids” and bundling them up, sorting through seeds and making some more paper pots for my seedlings.

I wish it would dry out here I sank into the mud and now have to wash the tools and my shoes :@

karyn26karyn26

I’m not doing a great lot today,DD and I have started a jigsaw puzzle bloody hard this one.

we’re going on a girls night out tonight so just taking it easy

She told me I might need a nanna nap today as I’ve been getting tired about 9pm-bloody hide of her- well I must still be jet lagged after all I did have to use 2 planes to get here-Inverell-

she’s got a lot planned and there are markets to do this weekend just need to remember I’m flying home so i’ll have to curb my spending of heavy things.

Called DH today to check on things and I might lose a ferret she was ill before I left so have given him permission to send her to that rabbit warren up in the wherever

narellehnarelleh

fuming cos DH’s pay has not yet gone into the bank from 2 days ago when it was supposed to go in:@:@:@

trying to do very little apart from the ironing, sweeping, folding washing and meals:wave:

RommieRommie

Cleaned up the garden – burned off half the stuff that’s been accumulating over winter, and mulched the rest. Body will begin to complain by tomorrow morning 😆

HerbmanHerbman

I just had three of the most beautiful birds come and join me in the bushes next to my verandah. I’m sitting here doing some work on a cool wet Spring morning and they just turned up for a few moments.

They were large parrots that looked something like the King Parrot but with a more dirty green colouring. Their wings and heads were green. They had a yellow band across their breast with a red body below that. I can’t find them on the bird finder website. But it was nice to have their visit even if they didn’t introduce themselves 😉

Anyway – my work isn’t getting done worrying about parrots … and if I don’t finish my work I can’t go and sew.

RobyneRobyne

Just spoke to my Neice in Qu her husband past away on Thursday aged 59 he has a major stoke on Monday and she turned off the machine Thursday morning and he went almost straight away.

He smoked up to 200 cigarettes a day and drank a carton of beer every night so he was a ticking clock for death.

I feel for their son who is only 13 years.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Robyne I don’t know what to say….:hug:

BlueWrenBlueWren

Herbman wrote:

I just had three of the most beautiful birds come and join me in the bushes next to my verandah. I’m sitting here doing some work on a cool wet Spring morning and they just turned up for a few moments.

They were large parrots that looked something like the King Parrot but with a more dirty green colouring. Their wings and heads were green. They had a yellow band across their breast with a red body below that. I can’t find them on the bird finder website. But it was nice to have their visit even if they didn’t introduce themselves 😉

Hi Herby Are you sure you weren’t having a lovely Spring dream? Those parrots are not in the book!! Could they have been escapees from somewhere? I wondered about Indian Ringnecks but yours are the wrong colour for them. Or a local variant? We have a green parrot around here that the locals call a Grass Parrot, or Greenies, but I’m not sure about the yellow band and red body. Yes, nice to have them visit anyway.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Herby your parrot visitors are probably escapees from a parrot breeder.

I’ve just gone and fed the local King Parrot he calls around every day hangs on the guttering calling … no answer, fly around to the powerline look in the bathroom .. no answer, fly over check out the computer room and call even louder so I can’t ignore him any longer, so I go out and tell him the Butler (DH) is getting it and that the maid (me) will serve him shortly … the sod was impatient and landed on my head today just then the Butler arrived with his silver dish(stainless steel) I took it round to the outdoor dining area for him.

karyn26karyn26

Well the veg in the 1st wicking bed got pulled up today they’re all finished,put some compost on top and then soil then straw and gave it a water,it can sit and settle till the seedlings are big enough to go in.

Wanted to move more soil but the wind has picked up and I’ll probably end up wearing it.

My italian greyhound Bella is due to pup today/tomorrow she’s staying in the kennel today as I dont need her hiding anywhere,nearly time to check if things have progressed.

The girls have been laying constantly all morning and its now time to let them out for the day.

RommieRommie

Got my hanging baskets up – strawbs in three of them, coriander in the fourth and chives in the fifth. Potted a cherry tomato plant and put two tomato plants in the ground. Fed and mulched the non-edibles in the garden.

Shangri LaShangri La

Stepped outside and got blown straight back in :p

A few of my tomato plants have taken a hammering from the wind but can’t do much until it stops. I went for a walk along the esplanade yesterday and looks like there will be some major beach erosion.

Supposed to be studying but had a break and made a ginger loaf and we ate 2/3 of it in about 15 minutes…

Wasted some more time looking at sewing blogs (I am not a confident or competent sewer but want to give it a go) and think a patchwork but not quilted bath mat might be a possibility. I saw some fantastic drawstring pj’s that someone had made from an old sheet.

roundthebendroundthebend

Weeded strawbs, spinach and beans and planted cucumbers and New Guinea beans. Really need to start mulching the beds down for the wet but no access to sugar cane mulch for over a month now as it is too wet to harvest the sugar cane.

Now to get into dinner for me DH and 4 Wwoofers………………they are helping DH with his shed extension:tup:

ccBearccBear

The taxi came at 4.45am to pick up my mollster to go to Melbourne. It was pissing down rain and for some reason he insists on backing in. Well he missed the drive and got hung up on the drain under the drive way.

Just what I needed, find the tow rope, take the ute out and connect up and tow him off. All while it is still bucketing down.

Job successful and DW on way to airport all without the assistance of a caffeine fix.

Enough rain the creek is up and I think the shed has been flooded a bit.

O well another coffee and go and check how the chooks are.

Hope every one has a good day.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.