Aussies Living Simply

What are you doing today? (Part 4)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What are you doing today? (Part 4)

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 760 total)
  • Author
    Eira Clapton
    Participant

Went for a lovely long walk on the beach -tide low so we could get around the rocks and walk on the reef a little bit.

Have crawled on the floor pinning my ‘gypsy quilt wallhanging” together and now I am knackered!

If I recover we are going to New Norcia for the carols tonight. Yes carols -it is still the season of Christmas and the time to sing carols! We will have dinner in the pub and come home in the dark which is quite a nice thing to do through the countryside.

espinay2

As of yesterday we are a household of 2 again and I am enjoying the peace and quiet after being a household of 7 for 2 weeks! 😮 It sure did stretch me trying to feed that mob cheaply for the time they were here. I managed it though! Yesterday I finished off the veggie garden my father built me while here and planted seeds of rainbow chard, silver beet, lettuce, pak choi, carrots, beetroot and kale. Also made a hep of tree guards using some leftover fencing mesh ready for planting out some trees I have here. The rain we have had is just perfect :tup: Today is house cleaning, but I hope to get some of the trees in this afternoon. Back to work tomorrow. Bummer 🙁

Hope everyone is having a good day 🙂

Im just doing House work when i can and dealing with the kids.

DS1 just threw our TV so he is in his room (i had to remove most of the stuff in there first for his own saftey) as i dont know what to do with him at the moment:shrug:

Im really lost with him and i know others with children in general get like this but those with ASD children might get what what im saying re his behavour and meltdowns ect.

My own 4year old scears me.

And yes i tryed comforting befor useing his room but :shrug:

So im getting 5mins of my own down time befor having to face him and i can hear him so he is safe ect but what do you do with a 4yr old who can make you bleed with 1 scratch even though your trying to help?

All cos i changed the bleeding TV channel befor it was ready :shrug:

So when DH gets home from work about 5pm im going for a walk i dont give a toss if its still raining, i need some out time.

I used to walk in the rain and loved it (ahh to be young and free again 😆 ) Id come home to my flat soaked but with a smile on my face 😆

Jinja

My stepson is high functioning Asperges and thankfully he’s never done this, although he nearly drowned his cousin a couple of summers ago in a fit of anger. The same cousin is fully Autistic and is pretty bad still at 18, at times very dangerous and scary. I know at one stage his mum got someone in through the Autisim group who took on the challenges when he got ready in the morning as it took the emotion out between him and his mother, he, at that time, was fighting getting ready for school, he was about 14 and too strong for her. They sent a big bloke with a leather jacket and jeans and he calmly let him do his worst until he got over it. Consistency was her mantra and take care of yourself, I’m sure you are doing the very best for him, even when you feel at a loss, you have a tough job, love him and love yourself. Hang in there and enjoy that walk. :hug:

daksa

I have just come in from salveging what is left of my worm farm, 🙁 christmas day my wf which has been thriving for past seven years, and which has helped to start many friends wfs, was its usual busy happy self, today it is a smelly, wet, mostly dead mess. :@ :rip:

somehow I managed to starve it of oxygen, how the hell did I do that??? all I can think off is the added shredded paper may been treated or the ink was ??? I will be lucky to start a new collony from what is left in my bottom tray. :uhoh:

that will teach me to boast about my success with w/farming.

daksa

Im really lost with him and i know others with children in general get like this but those with ASD children might get what what im saying re his behavour and meltdowns ect.

hi gothic mama for life,

sending you love and support in a form of white light, you have a very tough job caring for your DS1. I work and live with people with Autism as a support worker so I have a somel ulnderstanding, but I do go home after 3 days, I have highest respect for parents who have to be there 24/7. I hope you can get some support, to take time out. :hug:

Lee

Well i might do some painting, or float in our now lovely flowing creek, gotta saddle up the horse and take DS2 for a ride. Gotta get some more food, 5 boys ate me at of house and and home the last two days.

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

Preserving season is here; making bread and butter cucumbers and zucchini mustard pickle.

Hadn’t harvested zucchini for a couple of days and after all that lovely rain just found several as big as my forearm! Looks like Marrow Lemon might be on the agenda too.

Jinja

Hi Lady B, just did a search and hunt for your Marrow Lemon recipe on this site and can’t see it listed anywhere? Is there any chance you could post it, or did I miss it? I have a 3.5 kg :p zuch I found as I pulled the mildewy plants out yesterday. Not sure if it’s worth doing something with or not?

I’m making Zucchini slice, chicken and vegie patties and ham and zucchini muffins today, mostly for the freezer so I better leave here and get cooking. 39 today. Not good for a hot kitchen.

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the kind words :hug:

DS1 settled down in his room enough for me to come near him without a issue so that is a good thing.

I promise to be back tonight when the children are in bed so i can reply properly there is a few things i wanna say to a few of you 🙂

Thanks again, it helps to know you aren’t being frowned upon on days like this :hug:

Chezza
    Participant

:hug: to you Gothic….

I’ve been clothes wrangling!! Have a load on the line and a couple of weeks worth folded on the dining table… I will start to put away later…

Cleaned off the back patio and it now looks like somewhere you would want to spend time…

I tried to start mowing but when I went to get DS3 so he could do a couple of jobbies for me I couldn’t get it started again… DS2 bought it for brand new (:shy: ) and it has only done 3.8 hrs (because it has a little window that tells you). Neighbour has one but he couldn’t see what was wrong so I’m here sweaty and dirty wanting to be mowing, whining to you guys…

It’s very frustrating as it is growing before my eyes…

Eira Clapton
    Participant

It is 39 degrees outside! We threw a shadecloth over our small citrus trees this morning as they were not at all happy the last time it was this hot.

As I am going back to work tomorrow, we took down the chrissy decorations today -normally would wait to the 6th January (the twelfth day of Christmas). In the process took the opportunity to clean up a few spots and now have 5 boxes and bags of stuff for the Op Shop.

Here is a pic of the little ‘gypsy quilt’ wallhanging I made between Christmas and yesterday. Just a bit of fun and it brightens up the place I think.

Jeanie
    Participant

Demousing my cupboards after an embarassing incident :shy:while Herbman + Kirsty where here ,open up teatowel draw I screamed :geek:when a bloody mouse jumped out,been soaking them in nappysan today and wiping out drawers with tea tree oil yuk mice cant catch the buggers.:tdown:

daksa wrote:

hi gothic mama for life,

sending you love and support in a form of white light, you have a very tough job caring for your DS1. I work and live with people with Autism as a support worker so I have a somel ulnderstanding, but I do go home after 3 days, I have highest respect for parents who have to be there 24/7. I hope you can get some support, to take time out. :hug:

daska, thank you :hug: I have so much respect for those who work with my children and those like him. You need to really care and ive met some great lovely people and im so glad you are one of them who can help other children like my son.

I know how hard it is dealing with him on a daily basis and i know when you need to do therapys or teach ect it is just as challengeing and im so glad people want to take time to help these children and genuinely care 🙂

Also you had 7 years off that worm farm, id be proud:tup:

I wouldnt be able to worm farm 😆 Id do something wrong in the first 5 mins 😆

You have a achivement there :hug:

]Start again if you can?

A fresh start is always good 🙂

Jinja wrote:

My stepson is high functioning Asperges and thankfully he’s never done this, although he nearly drowned his cousin a couple of summers ago in a fit of anger. The same cousin is fully Autistic and is pretty bad still at 18, at times very dangerous and scary. I know at one stage his mum got someone in through the Autisim group who took on the challenges when he got ready in the morning as it took the emotion out between him and his mother, he, at that time, was fighting getting ready for school, he was about 14 and too strong for her. They sent a big bloke with a leather jacket and jeans and he calmly let him do his worst until he got over it. Consistency was her mantra and take care of yourself, I’m sure you are doing the very best for him, even when you feel at a loss, you have a tough job, love him and love yourself. Hang in there and enjoy that walk. :hug:

:hug: for you guys, this is what i worry about and my son exscapeing the house when he gets older as he almost suceeds now. We have proofed it enough at the moment to keep him in but its a never ending thing.

I find it so hard when he hurts me (the other stuff i can handle throwing things ect but the hurting me or the kids or DH) i love him (and my other tots) so much i get upset and angry that he is doing it if that makes sence?

Ive often said “I love my son, but i hate the Autism” Even thou the Autism is apart of him its not who he is and i can try to separate the two.

Lee, 5 boys! Oh my :jawdrop: I can just imagine the food intake 😆

LadyB have fun harvesting and preserving 🙂

Chezza, :hug: Any ALSer near you that could loan you a mower? (if i read that correct yours broke). If i was id help out but im in NSW :p

I hear you on the washing too, its been raining here since the day after chrissy sprinkleing and pouring so the dryer has been getting a work out:p

Whinge away 🙂 were here for suport 🙂

EMW, Love the wall hanging. Hope work treats you well this year 🙂

Jeanie, hun we had the same problem we got the tom cat i think its called traps, plasic and worked well. We caught 3? in a day :jawdrop: I had 20 f the traps 😆

We just used peanut butter and choc on them (diffrent flavours so they didnt get bored and it worked well, although ours favoured the PB 😆

Stuff happends hun, im sure they are understanding folk:hug:

Well best be off for a walk, thought id get in here so i wasn’t to tired tonight cos DH home now 🙂

Thanks again and hope everyone has a good week 🙂

fluffy chook

:hug:GM4L – I fully understand where you’re coming from! You are doing a great job with your darling boy. :hug:

ASD and family gatherings at Christmas are not a good combination ….after what my DD has been through with GD, next time, she just wants to cancel Christmas

EMW – the wall hanging is beautiful:tup:

Jeanie -:lol::lol: hope you catch the little blighters….

A fresh start to the new year …I’ve been doing the end of year decluttering. Got 3 boxes so far for St. Vinnies – now when I drop them off, I MUST NOT go into the shop:D

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 760 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.