Aussies Living Simply

What are you doing today? (Part 2)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What are you doing today? (Part 2)

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 874 total)
  • Author

Having been woken at 3:30 (thanks Shadow) I am all ready to head off to the laundromat in town for opening time (8:30) and get in ahead of the crowd that I have no doubt is building up as we speak. After that? Well, I am running low on firewood so will split and saw some more of that if it stops raining long enough for me to see through my rain-spotted glasses, and possibly head down the road to see a man about some doors if he is agreeable.

sewing ladysewing lady

Your sasauges made me hungry muster.

Herbman, can I com to tea at your place?HBG I hope that you dry out soon.

Hubby has a really bas cold and has been up sleeping (?) in the chair all night as when he lays down he coughs. Actually he is coughing sitting up, sounds like he is choaking, but he WON’T go to the Dr.

I guess I will be watching him and bathing dogs and talking to my best friend in the stated and maybe some sewing.

mustermuster

Today I am going to move some of my little seedlings into the vege garden. I’ll also plant some peanuts – haven’t done them before.

Yesterday’s rain completely missed us:(. The horses are in the front house yard for a little treat.

I must go and look for that website HBG now that I’m on a roll with the sausage maker.

GiannaGianna

sewing lady wrote:

Your sasauges made me hungry muster.

Herbman, can I com to tea at your place?HBG I hope that you dry out soon.

Hubby has a really bas cold and has been up sleeping (?) in the chair all night as when he lays down he coughs. Actually he is coughing sitting up, sounds like he is choaking, but he WON’T go to the Dr.

I guess I will be watching him and bathing dogs and talking to my best friend in the stated and maybe some sewing.

I mix Brandy into honey until it’s a thin syrup and then take small amounts as often as needed to relieve that sort of “lying down choking” cough. It really works for me and gives me something to look forward to. I hope he gets better soon. :hug:

I’m just about to start making Butter Chicken if I can get off my bum. :p

CindyCindy

Mmmm all this talk about food is making me hungry (but then again I’m always hungry – bit of grazer I am).

Today I’ll be packing, packing, packing, packing and packing. Oh did I mention I’ll be packing.

Moving sucks :tdown:

Oh and thanks for the congrats a couple of days ago Andy – let’s just hope the bank comes to the party and then come December I’ll have 7 oh so glorious acres to play with 😀

Well I got into town (just) through the raging floodwaters and got my washing done. Then home again to see the digger they had engaged to dig out the culvert was sitting un-manned in the middle of a torrent up to its axles in more water. Then, amazing! The sun came out – for a good two hours!! But it is now raining once more.

The chookies got out early and had a good poke around. Poor MaySue was so bedraggled that Rastus was helping her groom herself. She was nice and fluffy and dry by the time the rain re-started, and I had shooed them back into their pen so hopefully she will have the sense to stay under cover in this latest deluge.

It is funny watching them ‘dust’ bath in mud wallows I have to say. At times Rastus just throws himself on his side and lies as if he has dropped dead. I have given him a fright several times going over to check:lol:

So this afternoon I will make up the bed with clean dry sheets and organise my cupboards and read a few more quilting magazines in the hope of finding inspiration for a lapquilt using the layer cake I bought yesterday ( lovely flannels!!). I have at least found a use for my jellyroll (why does quilting make all these allusions to food?).

I am going to see the man about the door tomorrow as he is busy today. But at least that means I now have all the measurements I need (I forgot to get the dimensions for the internal door, but have it now).

Hey good luck with the land deals Cindy! It will be great fun for you once you get there!!:clap:

TullymoorTullymoor

Muster, those snags look delicious!! :clap: What sausage maker did you get? What mincer do you use? What skins did you use?

TullymoorTullymoor

Narelle your wwoofers sound like very useful ones, where are they from? How long are they keeping this up, I mean staying? 😆

wizzbefwizzbef

Spent alot of time telling my unborn bub that he/she is officially a full-term bub in 1 week and that he/she is most welcome to arrive then rather than another 4-5 week wait like older siblings:confused:.

I am allowed to watch hubby build our first wicking bed (he is currently at recycling yard looking for odds n sods for the garden) but if I even look like I want to help out, I get yelled at :(.

Have just made a batch of cornflake cookies after sleeping for 1.5 hours in the middle of the day :o. Previous posts have just reminded me to grab the snags out of the freezer for tea

TullymoorTullymoor

Can’t wait for the birth announcement :clap: Can you pre-train DH to log in here and let us know?? :tongue:

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

Hey folks does anyone have a rowing boat for HBG? Sounds like any moment now she will need one of those more than her car!

wizzbef -yep, been there done that. Late babies ! Get sick of everyone saying “are you still here?”

Fingers crossed this one knows what it is like to be punctual.

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

DD had her last hockey training for the year… Mothers were all talking about what their girls will be doing over Summer…. When asked I said we’re doing nothing as I want my Thursday arvos and Saturday mornings back again…. I want to plant out some vege gardens with the kids help… They’ll love it….

Some of the mothers looked at me like I was neglecting my DD…. If they only knew how much fun we’re going to have…. 😆 And how sorry I feel for them…. :rol:

s’all right EMW, I have enough timber to build a raft – I should be fine ..:lol:

roundthebendroundthebend

And your on a bit of a rise there HBG;)

I got to cook and clean while DH took the Woofers out to recover the last of the poly pipe……………i did get to join in for awhile:lol:

luvinluvin

trying not to go insane missy fee has been screaming on and off now for the last few hours

she has had panadol,warm baths,i think it maybe a case of missing mumma

have a great week all

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 874 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.