Aussies Living Simply

What are you doing today? (Part 2)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What are you doing today? (Part 2)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

We’re expecting Bob’s grandchildren for the weekend, so just steeling ourselves for the onslaught.

(tee he)

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I typed and typed then while I was typing the thread must have been locked and it is all gone… not there and not here:jawdrop: 🙁

THink it’s part 3 – fairly sure it was restarted a few months ago … that aside …

Have been down to Hobart and found a wonderful chook pen, but it was 400 odd dollars and would not fit on the back of the ute (did not come apart). So I put my lateral thinking hat on and remembered the dog will need a kennel at some stage so I bought a dog kennel. It has a skillion roof which screws down, so I also bought two lengths of piano hinge and will hinge the lid instead. Inside it divides into two compartments – one a sort of veranda enclosed on three sides, and the another doggy door into an inner room. I will rig a roost on the veranda and line the inner sanctum as a laying box. Then once the chooks graduate to their permanent home the dog will have somewhere to hide from the wind and weather when I get a fence so can leave him home alone.

While there the removalists called once again to check on conditions here (very wet) and we agreed to defer delivery to 1 July. I mentioned my urgent need to get my socket wrench and she reminded me some boxes were marked ‘bring forward’ and were stored separately from the others. So I called in a collected the two that were marked ‘tools’ One contained my artists easel, the other the set of socket wrenches. So I am a happy camper once more. Will put the kennel together this afternoon so the chooks have a dry bed for tonight, and also go into the library for some more reading material for the weekend.

We have had so much rain it is incredible. Lake Dulverton actually looks like a lake. The Craigebourne Dam is running a banker, all the rivers, streams and gullies en route to Hobart were awash – great sheets of water streaming across paddocks – never seen anything like it. It was wonderful!!

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Judi B wrote:

I typed and typed then while I was typing the thread must have been locked and it is all gone… not there and not here:jawdrop: 🙁

Oh bummer. Sorry about that. I’ve given myself a good clip round the ear. OUCH :awch:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

no biggie :hug::hug:

Just a boring day here, freezing cold and wet.

I had typed the size of the granny rug 116cm square.

TullymoorTullymoor

:p

baringaparkbaringapark

Had a bath with some loverly essential oils

dranks some red and now I can’t remember wot else I did :p

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Well our tank is overflowing so I decided to do some washing but I have to use the dryer as more rain tomorrow.

mama

I spent the day making wood polish, to waterproof the wood for the bunny enclosure … then cutting the wood, fine-tuning the plans, waterproofing the pieces that I need to use (3 leftovers – dunno how that happened, didn’t waterproof them because I don’t know [yet!] what use I’ll put them to), and then set all the “polished” ones out in the sunshine.

Started to put it together … found that I have to pre-drill the holes before I screw them, found the right sized drill-bit, then discovered that I couldn’t get the philips head out of the drill, and it was dark before I got to buy the chuck … (NOW I remember why everything takes so long around here!).

The waterproofing works tho … already dark and misty when I got home (good thing I found a basket & brought all the tools in before I left!) – went to bring the wood inside, and the pieces I’d coated felt really wet … I started to panic until I picked up one of the three pieces of wood that I’m not going to use [didn’t waterproof them], and it felt barely damp (just cold, not wet at all). That means that the wetness on my treated pieces were because the mist water was ALL on the outside – too good!

Tomorrow is hopefully going to be finishing the rabbit run, finding someone to take the “way-too-much-made” wood polish (which makes a fabulous leather boot waterproof, so it shouldn’t be hard), and maybe getting stuck into planting out the community garden beds that I set up last week.

Or sleeping in. That might be nice 😉

A recipe for that polish would be good! I could do with something to keep my boots dry …

I am once again awake ridiculously early (thanks, Smidgen …) and contemplating the possibility of a day without water falling out of the sky. Might get the chook box sorted in the morning (after lighting the heater) and some birdwire draped over the shed door to persuade the neighbour’s chooks they are no longer welcome (not that they ever were, but it was not worth making their lives miserable before). Then …. who knows, I might even work out how to finish off the table saw table so I can resume work on windows …

sewing ladysewing lady

food shopping today. Not my favourite chore.

The I will reverse sew the block on my quilt that I put in upside down.

Tomorrow we are going to DD house to help them move furniture around to set up a playroom and a seperate sewing room for DD and GD. If I have time I will trim a few vines and roses.

HerbmanHerbman

Judi – You must be happy that the tank is overflowing. About time you guys got some of the rain we’ve been getting.

Am making the second half of my swap gift (my buddy will know who it’s from when I send it anyway). Am s’posed to be going cycling with my mum this afternoon, but only if the rain stops.

In about 30 minutes I’ll be watching the sun come up from the sewing room (I’ve taken the best room in the house as my sewing room).

jaymesjaymes

first day of school holidays, and I want to return the house to starting positions before the explosion 😉 So, washing, picking up, vacuuming, mopping, more washing….. a fairly typical Saturday 🙂

HerbmanHerbman

Make my ‘what am I doing today’ – I’m getting frustrated because I don’t understand what the pattern for my swap gift is asking me to do. :shrug: It started okay, but now I’m totally lost!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 874 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.