Aussies Living Simply

We just bought a house on 3 acres!

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Property Tales We just bought a house on 3 acres!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

A big couple of months coming up…. Congrats! :hug:

permablogger

Congrats!

I’m new here, but still… I’m happy for you 🙂 I wish I’ll be able to post something like that anytime soon.

Make sure to keep the forum posted on how you transform that 3 acres. 🙂

Kasalia

How exciting, I am jealous as it was always a dream of mine to have acres. Enjoy it. :hug:

sue e

yay! congrats!A whole new world for you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yay congratulations. I have settlement in 2 weeks for our new home on 1.7 acres. We’ll be jumping in together.

mashelly

Very exciting got any before(realeste pics to show us)

bushy

Must be that time of year…I just signed contracts for my new backyard today as well………….

mauzi

Congratulations :clap: :clap: Just caught up with this thread. It will be so exciting for you to plan your new place. It will fill up pretty quickly I’ll bet.

Congratulations as well to the others who are moving onto different or larger places. Bushy, what are you up to as well?

bushy

Hey Mauzi, just downsizing a tad, bought 5 acres not far from where I was but totaly different, instead of rainforest its flat fertile red soil.

Pretty well a blank canvas as they say but has a nice selection of random fruit trees and an acre grove of mature pecans.

Big plans for fruit n vegies

bushy

found a snap of the pecans

Attached files

mauzi

Wow bushy, that looks fantastic. :clap: :clap:

permablogger

Hey bushy, that looks really nice! Truly a blank canvas. 🙂 I’m anxious to see what you’ll do with the place. Do you intend to turn it into a food forest or sth. like that?

calliecat
    Participant

bushy post=327203 wrote: Must be that time of year…I just signed contracts for my new backyard today as well………….

congrats, so, maybe mine wont be that far away now either 🙂

bushy

Thanks CC and Mauzi.

Permablogger, I’m not going down that path as I did that on last place, starts out well but in this area plants grow so rapidly, shade dominated, some fruit trees reached for the sky making it hard to pick/protect. The bananas were over 10 meters high, looking for the light, too hard to manage.

Sun loving plants suffered and became spindly.

So, I will incorporate some lessons I learnt, but adopt new ideas.

Still tossing up if sheep/cattle/goats are worth the extra expense of appropriate fencing…even tho I’d love to have some.

Once I get into it proper I will start a thread for those interested

Apologies for hijacking your thread Girl Friday :wave:

Bobbee

:wave:

Hey Girl Friday , I’m a bit slow off the mark but congratulations. You can turn you new place into just about anything you like. How exciting. :clap:

Congrats to all the other folk who are in the throws of signing, buying, moving etc. :clap:

And bushy I am sure if you post it we will all read it and maybe drool a wee bit too. 🙂 🙂

Bobbs :hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.