Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Waste water processing options for new house

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION, ENERGY and WATER CONSERVATION Water Conservation Waste water processing options for new house

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    df418df418

Rob

just had a quick look in the FAQ on A & A

http://www.wormfarm.com.au/worms_worm_farm_faqs.php

“Q. Is the system approved by the Government?

A. Yes we have permits to install in Victoria, New South Wales,Queensland, ACT and South Australia. “

I am not affiliated with A & A it’s just we are about 3 months away from ordering one.

ETA link

clareccclarecc

I got caught and lost my 50% deposit for Biolytix. I asked plumber if he knew of another low power system and he said Biocycle, however when I was sizing solar system it was going to take an extra 5 solar panels just to run the blowers 24/7. I got two brochures in mail (obviously sent to everyone listed in Biolytix debtors list), one of which was A & A wormfarms. I have contacted them and asked for a quote but it needed revision of my geotech report and I guess they are really busy as it’s been a month since I first contacted them and I’m still waiting for quote. I’ll let you know how it goes.

robatclarerobatclare

df418 post=310589 wrote: A. Yes we have permits to install in Victoria, New South Wales,Queensland, ACT and South Australia. “

Yaaaaaayyyy!!! I musta glossed over that bit – I’m sure I only read the other states…

Thanks for that.

robatclarerobatclare

clarecc post=310684 wrote: I got caught and lost my 50% deposit for Biolytix. ….. I have contacted them and asked for a quote but it needed revision of my geotech report and I guess they are really busy as it’s been a month since I first contacted them and I’m still waiting for quote. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Ouch! I’m sorry you got caught. If the timing was different then I would have been caught as well.

I haven’t received any reply to my email or form submission from the other night. Might try the phone tomorrow if I get a moment.

Hopefully there is a solution in this and I can talk my plumber into installing it.

Huxter09Huxter09

I had read about the demise of Biolytix and once again it serves as a warning to people not to pay huge deposits for goods to be delivered with long lead times .Your money is being used to fund the company’s costs as it was with Biolytix. This would include salaries and wages .I bet Biolytix’ CEO and owner didn’t go without in the lead up till the liquidation .10%is the normal holding deposit ,no more ,unless its for a building in progress where payments are made as construction occurs .

And there is a case for deposits for all transactions like this one ,to be held in a form of trust until delivery .

bluesnipbluesnip

Hmmm, not sure why everyone is having difficulty getting on to A&A Worm Farms, they replied to my email very quickly and have been really helpful, even giving me a quote (subject to soil report, with soil percolation test encouraged). If your land is flat its a bit more expensive as it needs a pump of some sort (yep, I still don’t get the technical detail) it is about $6,500 for a system that will cope with up to six bedrooms. No maintenance, needs a 4m breather pipe thing sticking up out of the ground, and needs about 60m of trenches dug and an outdoor powerpoint. Another $2,300 for the trenching and install, greater with increasing distances between system components. Plus GST. And of course subject to whatever else council might make you do to comply I suppose, and whatever bedrock they need to dig through that triples the cost of the trenching.

Sounds good re the no maintenance forever more, but still a shame you can’t use the resultant water to water gardens or something. No photos or diagrams, so I can’t get my head around the process and how much you can access any castings or ‘worm wee’, nor what the system looks like from the surface. No idea over all what size footprint it would have and what limitations it would have on planting etc. I guess I should have asked more questions!

robatclarerobatclare

bluesnip post=310773 wrote: Hmmm, not sure why everyone is having difficulty getting on to A&A Worm Farms, they replied to my email very quickly and have been really helpful, even giving me a quote (subject to soil report, with soil percolation test encouraged).

I feel a bit embarrassed – Shane from A&A got back to me on Sunday night, but on another email address that I haven’t been checking lately for tech reason/ (You know how the electrician has lights that don’t work and the plumber can’t flush the dunny…)

I’ll follow up and get more details and hopefully this will be the solution for us.

If the product works, I’m sure they will be inundated with folks that want something simple, hassle free, quiet, low energy, low chemical etc.

I live in hope.

Simple folks all live in hope for “simple, hassle free (need to look that one up in the dictionary), quiet, low energy, low tech…” :whistle:

mkc2862mkc2862

Hi all,

I just finished watching the A and A Worm Farm DVD. I’m quite impressed. Even more so as it supports a normal flushing toilet if you want to go that way. Also phoned the council in our area and they approve the system with a few caveats, but no show-stoppers by the sound of it.

I also phoned Shane and asked if there are any systems near us so we may go have a look.

Michael

PS – I’m not an agent for A and A by the way…only a prospective customer. 🙂

bago100bago100

Removed by author

robatclarerobatclare

I’d be interested in the problems that you’ve had including vague location, sloping site or not and type of irrigation.

AmronAmron

We have had our A&A system for 4 years, trying to get it serviced since the 9 month mark has been impossible, we were always told that there was nothing that could wrong. Now it isn’t draining at all, our worms by the way haven’t been seen in residence since the 9 month mark, but A&A said that the worms will return blah blah…

After the first visit in 4 years on the 20th January, the service guy came and left, apparently we didn’t have a problem.

The tank was almost full of water, so on the following monday we rang A&A to ask what the Service guy had said.. he said there was nothing wrong!

OK.. so we, in desperation after getting an email from the CEO saying we were harassing them (4 calls in 4 years all with service problems they ask you to call in with), we ordered an endoscopic camera from Hong Kong, and as it uses a USB connection we sat out in the sun, ran it the length of the pipe that the CEO says must be broken, and found a nice new unused pipe that has been dislodged from the tank since day one! The fluid has been travelling through a underground stream to the bottom of our hill where it magically seeps into the last distribution pit! Not exactly the forest floor effect we were hoping for. If you have animals, like us, they will get sick as it floods!

We contacted Consumer Affairs, they rang A&A who said they would be here yesterday! No show.

They took a few hours to install 4 years ago, didn’t glue pipes, which by the way are connected with the flange the wrong way… take your money and run. I have advocated this system as it is a wonderful system if it works, so I feel like I have been kicked in the teeth. The CEO is abusive, the Owner hangs up… we have a system we have to manually siphon…it may as well have a “long drop toilet”. The email I got is somewhere on here, I think a few others have removed theirs as they are undergoing legal action against A&A. We will be soon too. A&A want to put a joiner in between the pipes, which may be seperated more than 30 cms vertically, sideways or whatever. It is so depressing… like buying a brand new car with a fan belt which is broken, the dealer tells you he will see you in 30 days and he will stick it together with duct tape. Just stop abusing him! lol

Pic one is the tank… yuk

Pic two is the nice clean pipe after 4 years underground… not broken!

Attached files

SnoopySnoopy

Our A&A Wormfarm system has only just been commissioned. Neither impressed nor overly concerned just yet.

We were also looking at the Biolytix but hadn’t paid any money. Their system provided primary (solids) and secondary (nutrients) filtration.

An A&A Wormfarm is only a primary filtration system. Where we are, we also needed secondary filtration before the waste water could be released into the soil.

A standard septic tank is a primary filter.

Secondary filtration can usually be achieved with a sand filter.

Septic tanks and sand filters need to be cleaned out periodically.

We chose the wormfarm hoping the worms would reduce the solids volume. The system is configured within a standard septic tank unit. We also chose a pair of reed beds which are sand filters with reeds growing in them! The reed bed idea was to take up the nutrient load so the filter didn’t need to be cleaned out (in our lifetime)….

fruitfulfruitful

there is another thread that may be about the same company I think, this may take you there:

https://www.aussieslivingsimply.com.au/forum/water-conservation/255286-aaa-worm-farms#336546

If it is the same company, i have looked at a lot of info and there has been many many unhappy customers – pity because i would have liked to have our septic converted!!

:shrug:

yvonnehyvonneh

just posted in another thread but it may be useful to look at these guys too?

http://www.onzite.com.au/

they do SA too!

We have an A&A worm farm at our holiday house we built and just looking at an alternative company at this stage for a new home build. (We didn’t really enjoy the purchase process although the system works fine).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.