Aussies Living Simply

WANTED to buy – does in milk

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Seed Exchange and Traders Market WANTED to buy – does in milk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    baringapark

Hi All

As we have decided to move away from beef and milking cows :@

We are now seeking 2 does in milk pref. with kids at foot. We are happy to pay a fair price as we realise that this is a big ask! Also happy to travel for the right goats. First preference is British Alpines, second Toggies, but will also consider crosses of these breeds.

TIA

E

Ggang

Great decision E :tup: if only you were closer……….

but good luck finding some nice does 😀 keep an eye on

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~goats/dgsavictoria/adverts.htm

I would also suggest contacting Rick Howard the Vic branch president and Glenys Keays the secretary and asking them if they know of anything for sale. Both have British Alpines

You will find contact details at

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~goats/dgsavictoria/whoswho.htm

Anne

Muzzy

Ggang, what type of goats do you have? and do you sell them? I am looking at getting a milking goat with a kid at foot myself in the near future (must talk hubby into it). 😉

Ggang

Hi Muzzy

I breed British Alpines and I truly believe they are ideal for “family milkers ” They will milk through for years if you dont want a kid every year – and they give a good quantity of milk with the highest butter fat level of the swiss breeds. They are highly intelligent as very sociable 😀 which leads some people to say they are noisy 😆 but its just that they love to talk to their humans !

I am building up a herd with the aim of selling some occasionally

Anne

Muzzy

excellent, when I convince hubby I will see if you have any for sale. Cheers Marlo :):p:o

baringapark

still looking 😀

Tullymoor

Make sure you get tested and clear animals E. Apparently Victoria is notorious for untested herds/animals.

PM lovemygirls for more leads and good info :tup:

baringapark

bumpy …s-t-i-l-l looking…

Must be CAE & JD clear, free and tested 😉

Ggang

cant help with free ones but if you look at http://home.vicnet.net.au/~goats/dgsavictoria/adverts.htm there is a British Alpine doe in milk for sale in Vic – down the page a bit Adam Fontana’s herd reduction. he is a well known breeder and though the add doesn’t says CAE and JD tested I would think it would be ……..

Anne

baringapark

I am happy to pay, I meant JD and CAE free :shy:

shall check it out 😀

how do you feel like a trip to sunny, stinkin hot (today) Qld? 😀

We have a few. All tested, accredited and clear.

However, they are Nubes, not BA’s or Toggs.

Contact the Fed Secretary – Simone. dgsasec@bigpond.net.au

She may be able to help

baringapark

Well we found our milking doe!!!

She has been with us now for 3 weeks. Judith is an older British Alpine, and she came complete with her mini goat companion, Lily. I have found the transition from milking the cranky cow to milking the sweet doe an easy one 😉 I actually look forward to milking time now instead of dreading it! We are loving the milk! I am milking anywhere from 1.25 – 2L per day on one milking alone!

So far I have made ice cream, yoghurt, ricotta cheese and an interesting yoghurt cheese that was yoghurt gone wrong :shy:

I am now wishing for more land and more fodder trees so I can increase my goat herd 😆

Both does may be in kid, so that will be interesting :confused:

ballamara
    Keymaster

When you asked for ask doe E I thought you were after a dear and pondered how on earth you were going to milk that:lol:

Ggang

Goodonya E :tup:

bdm6125

Ggang…how are your goats going??? I’ll be begging for one of your babies soon!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.