Aussies Living Simply

Vacola Jars, looking for lids

Home Forums HOMEMADE Home Preserving, Food Storage and Stockpiling Vacola Jars, looking for lids

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, I have a few old vacola preserving jars sizes 42, 73, 74 and 200, for those I am in search of fitting lids and rings, can someone tell me what sizes they take and/or if they are still being sold somewhere? do far I have checked the ebay stores i.e “shellblue”, “morigan farm” and the online “bake & brew shop”, no luck!

:hug:

jaden62jaden62

I know our local Mitre10 store has Vacola jars, lids, seals & clips. I don’t know sizes etc, because I don’t actually have any, but try places like that.

Good Luck

Do you have any other jars to compare them to? I think they might be 4 1/2″ lids. You may be able to measure them across.

Mitre 10 stocks the 4 1/2″ lids now.

freakypetfreakypet
    GirlFridayGirlFriday

I have had success with ebay for vacola lids.

morriganfarmmorriganfarm

HI

We run Morrigan farm and stock the 3 sizes 3,4 and 4.25. If you havent found the sizes you need let us know. Some old bottles dont have the lids anymore. If you want I can send you ( or anyone) a sheet that gives all the bottle sizes and what size lids they take

cheers

susan

http://www.morriganfarm.com.au

GirlFridayGirlFriday

MorriganFarm- you do the humane chook despatcher too dont you? Is it a one person job? At present we do the chop but its not always easy getting a second pair of hands to help (hubby wont).

RobyneRobyne

Our Mitre 10 is getting in, old sized lids and rubbers for the sauce bottles.

They also have Mason jars in they are about $7.95, Still cheaper to buy on Ebay

morriganfarmmorriganfarm

HI

Yes one person job. You have to mount it to a post/tree. If we are doing a big lot we do it together. But if Iam here by myself and need to do a sick bird I can easily do. When I say easily I dont like doing it but cant kill a bird with an axe/knife as I really hate the blood splatter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.