Aussies Living Simply

Urban Homesteading….

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Living within your means Urban Homesteading….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Rinelle

I love your log HappyEarth. Definately feeling inspired by it here!

paulaorganic

I just had a look at your log too, HappyEarth. What an amazing productive garden your are creating. I love the idea of the swales that you use to capture the water and loved looking at all the different fruits you are growing. :D:D

Theresa

well we have a little over 380m2 – so do we win for smallest possible yard?!

We have worms, compost and the starts of a vegie garden (until I tried to kill it 🙁 ), and are planning ur upcoming reno’s around teh self-sufficient sustainable idea…. obviously we don’t have enough land to be as fully self sustaining as possible though.

Have bookmarked all those great sites and am going to be checking in on them regularly!

becca

Happy Earth – fantastic site 🙂 very inspiring!

Chezza – I think chooks are definitely in my future… luckily the neighbours have some and I can hear their crooning and clucking over the fence – such a great sound!

Wombat

Theresa wrote:

Yup!:tup::D

Hey Suz!

At some stage when I am up in Brissy, (not for a month or two now!) I would like to meet up one night for an exchange of views (as they used to say). In the mean time I would be interested in the process you use for making vinegar.

Nev

becca

Theresa wrote:

No, we just beat you 😀 with around 320 – house included! But same issues apply, there are lots of ways to make small gardens productive, as you said. And considering where we came from where we had about a third of the size of land, this seems enormous 😆

Chezza

HappyEarth, I had a lovely time visiting your blog!! You’ve done an amazing amount of work!! How big is your block?

😆 Bec..

Kaff

scarecrow wrote:

I’d like to see some of the new people in the challenge start up a garden log here too…They’ve been a bit quiet lately.

Click Here to see some of the ones here already. :tup:

So its that simple, Scarecrow? We don’t need a separate blog or anything, just post a thread with our little diary-type notes and photos to that forum?

I take it you are talking about the April Challenge – grow your own vegetables?

scarecrow

Kathy B wrote:

So its that simple, Scarecrow? We don’t need a separate blog or anything, just post a thread with our little diary-type notes and photos to that forum?

I take it you are talking about the April Challenge – grow your own vegetables?

I was in that instance Kathy but you are more than welcome to start one up.

Anyone can :tup:

It’s just another thread dedicated to people talking about their gardens.

Just start posting, on a NEW THREAD and you can add photos as you go and people will leave comments…too easy!

Click Here to see some of the ones there already. :tup:

HappyEarth

Glad you enjoyed our site Bec – our block is 920 square meters, and with a cute little house that leaves lots of room for the garden!

starruby

Suz what an amazing place you must have and its what I aspire to have. Can I ask what you made your hedge from? I was thinking of doing something similar and maybe putting lilly pillys but could i do this with rosella plants as well?

I would love to see some photos of what youve done

Sandra

osakasuz

Happy Earth – I have been enjoying your blog too.

Nev, no worries but the vinegar thing is not particularly spectacular. you are welcome anytime.

Sandra, our front hedge is a combination of cherry guava, pineapple guava and Brazilian cherry. I have since found out that guava is considered a weed in some areas, but I am being careful to remove all the fruit to make sure it doesn’t spread. It isn’t very big yet as it only went in about 14 months ago. My fruit production is very much a ‘work-in-progress’!:D The good people at Daleys may be able to help you with some ideas.

Theresa

becca wrote:

Theresa wrote:

No, we just beat you 😀 with around 320 – house included!

😆 our house is included in that too! I think the house is around 100m2 – how big is your house?

purrsikat

HappyEarth, that’s a great blog you have there. I’m going to forward the link to a friend who is from the Gong (she’s currently in the UK for a couple of years.. i’m hoping to make her a little homesick so she comes back to australia sooner! 😉 😆 ).. great work, very inspiring. :clap: :tup: I can’t wait to own my own actual house..!

Wombat

osakasuz wrote:

Nev, no worries but the vinegar thing is not particularly spectacular. you are welcome anytime.

Thanks Suz!

We are just about to head OS, but when we get back I’m sure I will be shot up to brissy! Will let you know when I do!:tup:

Nev

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.