Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Upcoming Challenge – Get Ready

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE ALS Challenge Series Upcoming Challenge – Get Ready

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    WozWoz

Luvin, see the Bookdepository link I posted on the first page. Much cheaper than Amazon and very fast FREE delivery. My copy is already on the way. (Disclaimer – I have no connection with Bookdepository other than buying heaps of books there.)

bluezbanditbluezbandit

luvin: try the book depository that someone linked to earlier.

Cheap and they don’t charge postage.

Deb

debby-leedebby-lee

baringapark wrote:

I have had that book on my bookshelf for years…must actually read it I guess :shy:

😆

sounds useful and rather fitting for our family atm. I can’t really commit to a challenge but I will be following out of interest

osakasuzosakasuz

A week to go, people, get ready…..

MargoMargo

Book ordered – I’m in!

baringaparkbaringapark

I have located my book. I can’t wait to start getting this mortgage paid off quicker! 🙂

darlsdarls

Got my book yesterday after ordering it last Tues night with Fishpond.com.au! :tup: Fast and reliable so far (I’ve ordered heaps with Fishpond.com.au, so I do recommend them.

Anyway, already reading up to chapter 2 :shy: And the best thing is my DH’s interested in reading it. :clap:

Looking forward to this!

Cheers! :hug:

busybeebusybee

subbing and trying to find this book too

beccabecca

I found a few copies on Book Depository, and I’ve had good experience with them in the past. I’m a little reticent to buy a copy, though, as I’ve read quite a few different financial advice books previously, and while I enjoy creating the budget, and the challenge of sticking to it, inevitably we fail, time after time, to stick to a plan which would allow us to get as far ahead as we would like. It’s not like we’re struggling from pay to pay, but we would still like to be able to be credit-card free (nearly there) and pay more off the mortgage.

So I guess what I’m saying is: how is this book and challenge going to help me stick to a budget when none of the other ones have :shrug: Not that I would mind reading it, or getting stuck in to a challenge, it’s just… I don’t want to set myself up for failure again :awch: I’ll check our libraries on Monday and see if there’s a copy in either of those before I go ahead and buy, I suppose.

PS I also know that our not-sticking-to-budget has *ahem* a little bit to do with M, and his not being that keen on keeping to his allocated spending money 😐 And that’s a whole other kettle of fish, I know, but in order to try and get to where we want to be, it kind of has to change, right? Any thoughts on trying to get on the same page with each other here?!

osakasuzosakasuz

Becca, I understand your concerns. This book looks at budgeting from a completely different angle. It does not, in fact, ask you to draw up a budget and stick to it. The approach is totally different and much easier (for us at least) to manage.

It asks us to assess our spending and how it relates to our actual fulfulliment, how it aligns with our thoughts and goals. By doing so, we start to spend less on the things that don’t matter, and more on the things that do. We analyse our motivations and thoughts on money and we learn whay we spend, it helps us to reign in the spending.

But, you don’t need the book to start the challenge. :tup: Why don’t you start doing the challenge and see what you think. If you want more information, you can then go ahead and order the book.

By the way, the processes work for couples together or as individuals. The processes help couples to get on the same page – there is a lot of soul searching possible with this book if you really get into it (we have only scratched the surface in our household).

VanessaVanessa

nimm wrote:

Here’s a detailed summary of the book:

http://yourmoneyoryourlife.info/resources/detailed-summary-of-your-money-or-your-life/

Becca, I completely understand where you are coming from, and although I havent read the book I did read through the above link and it doesnt look like a budgetting book. it seems to be about changing the way we think of money and what we spend it on, like getting out of the whole “earn money so we can spend on more stuff, then we need more money to pay for it all” cycle

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

I have a copy and would love to take part!

Heading to the library tomorrow – I’m in! ( I can read fast!)hehe

dentydogdentydog

Sounds really great, just what we need….!!!

Count me in :tup:

nlacnlac

This sounds good, but I won’t have the book. My local library doesn’t have it and I don’t have the $$ at the moment to buy it.

I’m still kinda new here so I’m not sure what it means to be “in” on a challenge, but if it means checking in here and keeping up with the info and trying to do something in my own world in response…..then I guess “I’m in” 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.