Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Upcoming Challenge – Get Ready

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE ALS Challenge Series Upcoming Challenge – Get Ready

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    osakasuzosakasuz

OK, this one, if done properly, may change your life.

We have been working on it in our household for the past six months (I never test these things on you guys until I have thoroughly tested them here!) and it has really made a very big difference in ways that could not be imagined prior to starting. We found that doing this process in a group really helped keep us motivated and on task, which is why I am offering it as a challenge to you.

It is, I warn you, a big ongoing challenge, not just something that you will start today and be done with in a week or three. So, please prepare yourself as best you can.

The challenge is based on the book ‘Your Money or Your Life’, by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez. The subtitle is ‘9 Steps to Transforming your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence’.

You won’t need the book to participate in this challenge, but we have found that having your own copy will be a great help and will better ensure that you understand and stick to the nine steps. Each step is highly important and the background info in the book is most valuable. I chanced upon it in a secondhand bookstore but you can order it from Amazon or your local bookseller or even find it in your library (ISBN: 978-0-14-311576-2).

Other than the book, you will also need pen and paper and a little time to spare (no more than half an hour per week, or so).

I’ll give you all a couple of weeks to check the book out for yourself. Like I said, you can start without it, but having it will be better in the long run.

Happy book hunting….

WozWoz

Best price at the moment seems to be Book Depository ~$15-16

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780143115762/Your-Money-or-Your-Life

darlsdarls

Looks like an interesting challenge then.

Will hunt for the book.

Could you tell how it differs from other financial self-help books?

Cheers! :hug:

osakasuzosakasuz

Cheers, thank for that, Woz.

Darls, the big difference is that much of the content will really sit well with the Aussies Living Simply way of thinking. Most financial self help books focus on how to get more money or how to do/stick to a budget or how to get and stay ‘rich’. This book takes a different perspective – to quote the blurb on the back cover:

“…Vicki Robin shows you how to take back your life by changing the way your relate to money in order to live more deliberately and meaningfully. This new edition … will show you how to get our of debt and develop savings; reorder material priorities and live well for less; resolve inner conflicts between values and lifestyle; convert problems into opportunities to learn new skills; attain a wholeness of livelihood and lifestyle; save the planet while saving money… and much more”

That sums it up, really. Again, you don’t need the book for the challenge, but it will be a valuable tool.

Intresting. Ill look but ATM im streached to my limits on things so ill look at the book and see what the go it :tup:

I’m up for this challenge! Have ordered the book.

smiffysmiffy

I’m up for it too , The library is getting the book in for me ….

phoenixxinOzphoenixxinOz

I’ll give it a go:tup:

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

Would you believe I bought a book just this morning called Women and Money by SUZ-e Orman… I’ll be in it!! :tup:

julientuaregjulientuareg

happy to give it a go. Borrowed the book from the Library then ordered a copy for myself but havent done anything about it so this might push me along a bit.

baringaparkbaringapark

I have had that book on my bookshelf for years…must actually read it I guess :shy:

osakasuzosakasuz

Ooh, yes, helps if you read it, Elizabeth!:lol:

Glad too see so many jumping on board with getting hold of the book.

deeedeee

Bloody brilliant. Suz! This book is a life changer. We read it 3 years ago. I’m in.

D

bluezbanditbluezbandit

I’m in as soon as the book arrives

Deb

starrubystarruby

I’m in will try to get a copy of the book too.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.