Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

True Food Now

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bdm6125bdm6125

Not sure if this has already been posted!

http://truefoodnow.org/2010/04/19/pov-to-air-food-inc-april-21st/

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

A very interesting link!

Must watch the full program tomorrow.

In the meantime, you can also view this thread .. 🙂

BobbeeBobbee

Thanks for that link Brigitte.

:hug::hug::hug:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Yeah thanx Brigitte, I am spreading it about as far as I can 🙂

ErthgirlErthgirl

Thank you Brigitte :hug:

dixiebelledixiebelle

My husband and I still haven’t finished watching Food Inc. (Or even started on the other food related docu’s… Fresh, Dirt… see below) but must do that! Thanks for the reminder! 😀

http://www.dirtthemovie.org/

Food

Food, Inc.- Drawing on Eric Schlosser’s Fast Food Nation and Michael Pollan’s The Omnivore’s Dilemma, director Robert Kenner’s documentary explores the food industry’s detrimental effects on our health and environment. Kenner spotlights the men and women who are working to reform an industry rife with monopolies, questionable interpretations of laws and subsidies, political ties and rising rates of E. coli outbreaks.

The Future of Food- Before compiling your next grocery list, you might want to watch this eye-opening documentary, which sheds light on a shadowy relationship between agriculture, big business and government. By examining the effects of biotechnology on the nation’s smallest farmers, the director reveals the unappetizing truth about genetically modified foods: You could unknowingly be serving them for dinner.

King Corn- In Aaron Woolf’s thought-provoking documentary, friends Ian Cheney and Curt Ellis move back to America’s Corn Belt to plant an acre of the nation’s most-grown and most-subsidized grain and follow their crop into the U.S. food supply. What they learn about genetically modified seeds, powerful herbicides and the realities of modern farming calls into question government subsidies, the fast-food lifestyle and the quality of what we eat.

Super Size Me – On the heels of recent lawsuits against McDonald’s, this documentary takes a hilarious and often terrifying look at the effects of fast food on the human body. For one month, Spurlock eats nothing but McDonald’s, ordering everything on the menu and “super-sizing” his order whenever asked. The result is a sobering examination of the line between personal and corporate responsibility.

Bad Seed: The Truth About Our Food- Sixty percent of the food Americans eat has been genetically altered or engineered, and the jury is out on whether this could harm the population. Wanting to explore this issue further, 20-year-old Adam Curry traveled to San Francisco, Oregon, Washington, Iowa, Virginia, Britain and Nova Scotia to make this documentary. He talks to nutritionists, physicians, scientists, farmers and other experts in an effort to uncover the truth about our food.

Fed Up! Genetic Engineering, Industrial Agriculture and Sustainable Alternatives – Nominated for an Environmental Media Award, this eye-opening documentary explores the United States’ food production system from the organic farming of the Green Movement to the genetically engineered food of the Biotech Revolution. Through fascinating archival footage and interviews with farmers, scientists, government officials and activists, Fed Up! provides a detailed and sometimes disturbing overview of contemporary food production.

List from here:

Documentaries

jennifer gjennifer g

Thanks heaps Brigitte and Dixiebelle! :tup:

BobbeeBobbee

http://agoodhuman.wordpress.com/resources/documentaries/

Blimey, what a link!!!!!!

Many thanks [[small]I think[/small] ]

dixiebelledixiebelle

Sorry, forgot to URL it!

Mia’s blog is great, she is insightful and articulate and smart, and very up to date, she is an Aussie currently living in the US. The list of books/ documentaries helps me keep up with the going’s on in the world of informative media!! I often link to it, because it’s way better than my lists or recommendations or reviews!! 😀

jennifer gjennifer g

Bump..this is available to watch online starting today!

jennifer gjennifer g

Oh Bum, only in US :(:(:(

bdm6125bdm6125

I think we have to wait till June?

dixiebelledixiebelle

We’ve been watching Food Inc. from online… in parts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.