Aussies Living Simply

To everyone who wants Moringa seeds.

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Propagation To everyone who wants Moringa seeds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

I have collected the first batch of Moringa seeds . :tup: :clap: I expect they are Moringa_oleifera but can’t confirm that.The mature trees have the same leaves and flowers as my young one from Daleys.Some of you have contacted me already but if you still want seeds, or if you haven’t yet put your hand up for some, please pm me for my address.People in Tasmania and WA please check that it’s OK for me to send you seeds.

The seeds are quite bumpy and won’t go through the 60c slot at the PO.I will post pics.So please send me a self addressed envelope for $1.20.I will put a little bubble wrap around the seeds.I think this will protect them enough,although it might damage the little wingie bits on the side.That shouldn’t affect germination.

Moringa seeds do not have a dormancy period and should be sown fresh.If you have any frost they should be started in pots in a green house I guess.If you don’t have frost I expect they can be grown in pots or in situ.

I will repost a link later that will give you more information about growing conditions etc.There are heaps more pods to be collected, not dried out enough yet.As you can see they are quite long and hold between twenty and a dozen seeds in each.

Thanks BW. I was going to get some to send to a friend on Eyre Peninsula, but we went there last week & they already had one growing so I took one of their pods & a couple of little cuttings.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I want to try them also 🙂

BlueWrenBlueWren

Bandicoot Valley post=341518 wrote: Thanks BW. I was going to get some to send to a friend on Eyre Peninsula, but we went there last week & they already had one growing so I took one of their pods & a couple of little cuttings.

Good one BV.Interesting pods aren’t they.

The one I got is still green. I’m assuming I wait for it to dry out before getting the seeds out?

BlueWrenBlueWren

I guess so assuming it dries out OK.If it doesn’t I will have plenty.The ones in the photo came out of a pod that was already splitting on the tree.How big was your friend’s tree? One main trunk? Or a branching trunk?

pennypenny

Yes please Blue Wren. I have checked and found it is fine for me to have them. No problems at all. I would love some. I will PM you with my address.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Any more for Moringa seeds?

Would be interesting if we could post pics of how they grow?

MuzzyMuzzy

I have sent you a PM 🙂

mumof6mumof6

can you grow them in a large pot and cut them to keep small? will pm as I have a friend from the moldives islands

BlueWrenBlueWren

I think you probably could……they seem to be very obliging in many ways!! 🙂

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Umm, trrot-an, that link looks a bit suspect. I haven’t clicked on it to find out but I don’t believe it has anything to do with moringa trees………..

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

😛

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Yeah Steve, was a dodgy link to a weight-loss site.

BobbeeBobbee

Good job well done Andre. :clap: :clap:

:hug:

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Got to keep on our toes.. that’s three spammers today … grrr 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.