Aussies Living Simply

Time for another roll call?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Time for another roll call?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

:wave:

I try and get on most days but everything is so slow…. still on dial up, desktop computer died so am sitting in the paddock using usb BB on the laptop………… I wish I had the computer dial up is a bit faster than what I’m using now

BronBron

I’m here….and surprised this thread is already 2 pages long 😀

harry_newittharry_newitt

I think its weather & season related….very dry so there’s plenty of watering to do….lots of daylight….more time to spend in the garden. We are weeding and mulching, have the chooks helping in the lately fenced off orchid connected to their regular run by a tunnel & I’m building an insect hotel with concrete and my glass bottle collection

Emma-LeighEmma-Leigh

Hi – I guess I am ‘still here’, although I only signed up today – so just arriving is a little more accurate.

Hi Everyone. 🙂

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

Welcome Emma-Leigh!

downshifterdownshifter

I came back today for the first time since 2008 (?). I thought I would pop in again to see what has happened with the site. We are still growing a lot of our vegetables and fruit in an urban backyard but always more to learn and share.

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

G’day all

I’m still hangin’ around.

My thoughts – re how quiet it is – could be put down to certain threads (and personalities) that are no longer available.

You’ll recall we had many posts – particularly about Climate Change and Peak Oil – which really caused people to vent (and sometime not in the most pleasant of ways).

While not the best type of ‘activity’ – it certainly created plenty of action.

🙂

porgeyporgey

I pop in and out but am quite busy. I miss Bobbee, where are you luv?

dierichdierich
    Participant

I’m still here too, check in a couple of times a week and should comment more than I do. Perhaps that should be my new year resolution!

BelBel

redhen2 post=359328 wrote: I am here. I have been away for a while, but back. I was thinking just this morning about how this site seems to have cycles and most people stay active for one cycle of questions and then wander off. I’m sure another batch of people is just around the corner.

In the meantime, i have enough opinions to keep us going for a while. 😉

Thanks for popping back in redhen! You’re right – the site does go in cycles, but this is the longest quiet spell I have seen for years.

Judi B post=359337 wrote: :wave:

I try and get on most days but everything is so slow…. still on dial up, desktop computer died so am sitting in the paddock using usb BB on the laptop………… I wish I had the computer dial up is a bit faster than what I’m using now

What a pain Judi B! We only recently moved to a rural area and had to get a satellite connection to get any internet at all. Luckily it’s reasonably fast and we get it at a discounted rate because we can’t get broad brand. Lovely of you to have popped in again to say hi 🙂

Bron post=359338 wrote: I’m here….and surprised this thread is already 2 pages long 😀

Hi Bron :wave: Thanks for popping in to say hi. I’m surprised by the length of this thread too!

harry_newitt post=359350 wrote: I think its weather & season related….very dry so there’s plenty of watering to do….lots of daylight….more time to spend in the garden. We are weeding and mulching, have the chooks helping in the lately fenced off orchid connected to their regular run by a tunnel & I’m building an insect hotel with concrete and my glass bottle collection

You could be right harry. We’ve been pretty flat-out in the garden too, although it’s nice to pop online at night when things quieten down to have some time to oneself. I’ve got my chooks in the orchard at the moment too – they’re doing a great job of getting on top of the earwigs. I’d love to see photos of your insect hotel – we have lots of bottles here too!

Emma-Leigh post=359360 wrote: Hi – I guess I am ‘still here’, although I only signed up today – so just arriving is a little more accurate.

Hi Everyone. 🙂

Hi again Emma-Leigh :wave: I’ve welcomed you on your intro thread 🙂

downshifter post=359368 wrote: I came back today for the first time since 2008 (?). I thought I would pop in again to see what has happened with the site. We are still growing a lot of our vegetables and fruit in an urban backyard but always more to learn and share.

Welcome back downshifter :wave: Glad to hear you’re still living the simple life 🙂

Andre post=359372 wrote: G’day all

I’m still hangin’ around.

My thoughts – re how quiet it is – could be put down to certain threads (and personalities) that are no longer available.

You’ll recall we had many posts – particularly about Climate Change and Peak Oil – which really caused people to vent (and sometime not in the most pleasant of ways).

While not the best type of ‘activity’ – it certainly created plenty of action.

🙂

Hi Andre. :wave: You could be right about the contentious threads. I don’t miss those threads though! I think we’ve had previous active times on the forum which weren’t related to those types of threads.

porgey post=359373 wrote: I pop in and out but am quite busy. I miss Bobbee, where are you luv?

Hi porgy :wave: thanks for popping in. I miss Bobbee too! Hopefully we’ll lure her out. I think maybe she got tired of trying to keep some of the threads active all on her own :shrug:

dierich post=359376 wrote: I’m still here too, check in a couple of times a week and should comment more than I do. Perhaps that should be my new year resolution!

Hi dierich! :wave: Welcome back and happy new year 🙂 Hope to ‘see’ you here more often.

bushybushy

I check in most days but for some reason the site wont recognise me and I have to sign in each time, so usually I dont.

But as others say, I,m so busy these days.

Think Andre hit the nail on the head, the trolls and downright nasty posters should have been terminated earlier….jmo.

BelBel

Hi bushy! I agree with all you have said, and I’m just glad we don’t have those crappy threads any more 🙂

pennypenny

I look regularly but life at the moment has been a bit crap. Friend s youngest son killed in a road accident Sunday before Christmas, a friend given at most a year to live,cancer, we are looking at alternate treatment as the doctors have said there is no radiation, surgery or chemo that will do anything. Now we are looking at other therapies.any suggestions welcome.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I am always floating about still 🙂

porgey post=359373 wrote: I pop in and out but am quite busy. I miss Bobbee, where are you luv?

Bobbee is taking it very easy atm, Dr’s orders. She has had a fairly major health scare & it’s time for her to take it easy. I’m sure she will pop in again at some point though.

porgeyporgey

Hi Hummers, I hope you are well and that Bobbs is okay. Good health is so important so here’s to a health and happy 2014. Cheers, porgey.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.