Aussies Living Simply

Timber benchtops

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    creative1creative1

Thought I might put this pic of our sink!

Oops! Tried to post a photo 🙁 but not aloud to…

roundthebendroundthebend

Looking very nice Leecy:tup:

SerenaSerena

How beautiful! You and hubby must be so proud. We have a dining table made from recycled ash finished with orange oil and wax and the finish is horrible. It looks great but you can’t put even a cup of coffee on it without marking and the wipe it down with a damp cloth? Forget it. Pretty handy really. We bought some of that burnishing oil a while back to put on it but haven’t got around to it yet. Now you’ve inspired me. Any tips?

LeecyLeecy

Its really simple Serena, we didn’t do the actual ‘burnishing’ but followed the instructions for the matt finish. Its really easy, sand it until you’re happy with how it feels then rub it in. It seals and protects and brings out the colours so well. I love the smell too. No worries about putting hot stuff on it, I did it accidently and it didn’t leave a single mark. Organic too :tup:

SerenaSerena

Will definitely have to get to it soon. Not this weekend though as we are having disasters to deal with. Leaking pipe inside double brick wall after bathroom and kitchen reno’s! Hoping to fix it ourselves with minimal damage. Fingers crossed anyway.

LeecyLeecy

16 million years later and the last benchtop is finished!! Progress and final pics included!! 😀

How it all starts out:

Progress!

Pre-oil but almost complete! (And how it still is)

All finished and it’s not even ours anymore 🙁

MumchookMumchook

Looks beautiful. I’m sure hubby will be impressed (and inspired) when I show him. He put in temporary bench tops when we moved in and we’ve been here four years longer than he thought the kitchen benches would last! 😆 He loves working with timber and will like the look of yours…

:hug:

Ree

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.