Aussies Living Simply

Tile Grout Cleaner

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Thisildo
    Participant

I watch Shannon Lush every week for her cleaning and decluttering tips. :tup:

I have Oil of Cloves on my shopping list because I love the smell of cloves.

Tea tree oil will do the same job.

Did you know that the bleach in strong commercial cleaners is the cause of crack in the grout? Bleach leeching thru the grout can cause the waterproof membrane under the tiles to fail.

We sell small and large amounts of clove essential oil online at http://www.plantessentials.com.au at a really good price. Ask for a complimentary natural cleaning brochure when you order. I find clove and tea tree work really well together, the Australian tea tree is more potent than other breeds.

jamesnithan

Grout is used to stick the tiles to one another and walking on these tiles will eventually make them dirty. This dirt eventually spreads to the grout. This dirt gets stuck to the grout causing black stains, which can be removed by following below steps.

Step1. Mix one cup of Commercial grout cleaner with warm water in a bucket

Step2. Pour the solution onto a dry floor so that your grout lines are completely saturated.

Step3. Scrub the grout with a nylon brush after 30 minutes have passed.

Step4. Rinse the floor with clean water.

Step5. If you get it clean enough you can seal it with grout sealer.

Home Remodeling Resource

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.