Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

The Wet

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    HaysviewHaysview

We are at Clontarf Beach just north of Brisbane and up till this morning we have had over 300mls which we feel is enough,it’s washed our veggie patch away so we will have to start again when it dries out,ah well that’s all part of life we will get it back up and growing again but we will say this all our tank’s are over flowing for the first time since we put them in,is there any one else down this way with a rain gage and let every one how much they have had.

We hope every one is staying safe on the road’s if you have to go out,we were to take our dog to the vet this morning but we had water every where we could not leave our place it has droped a bit this afternoon but they say there is more to come. Well all stay safe out there and we hope to dry out soon:tup::tup:

SonyaSonya

I’m over it!

We usually don’t have a waterfall running down our front steps – another night of really (worrying) heavy rain, thunder, lightning and strong wind – oh happy days!

:noapprove:

Sonya

HaysviewHaysview

Yes we know what you mean we have a water fall here as well we live on hays Inlet and we not only have the rain to worry about we all so have the high tide as well but we will be fine finger’s crossed any way we are dry at this time but if we get what they say wqe are getting tonight we are not sure what will happen so you take care up there.:tup:

Michael1973Michael1973

Yep thoroughly over it now, Caboolture here and just over 300mm. Back yard is a swamp with inches of standing water. Dogs are a mess and it soaked the chooks and ducks food. Only one raised bed at this stage and it came through OK, dont know how the tomatoes and pumpkin vine will go though as they are planted out of the bed. It will take days to dry enough to mow and by then the grass will be a foot high and thick as buggery.

Shangri LaShangri La

We are lucky in that our yard is mostly sand (that’s why I have to grow veg in boxes and pots) so the water doesn’t hang around but have seen some spectacular ‘lakes’ in my travels today. Much more of this and I reckon the Bruce Highway might go under just south of Ettamogah pub. On the radio they have been appealing for people with stock on adjistment to check on them due to flooding and I saw lots of low lying acreage under water today so please get the word out if you know anyone with horses etc.

ccBearccBear

Quite agree, my chook shed is flooded and their yard is a mess. The whole area around there is under water.

Tomatoes have taken a bashing and I have a pile of seedlings to plant which at the moment is a no go.

Went to the bottom of the block and it is completely saturated and i am on a good sloping block. The creek is running fast and wide as well.

And it is still coming down.

carolfcarolf

Hope all QLD’ers survived the night, doesn’t sound to good up there.

Maybe raised garden beds are a good way to go, especially when you get this amount of rain.

Take care

GiannaGianna

Oh hell, that sounds worrying. Hope it stops. :hug:

SonyaSonya

We do find that our raised beds do much better when we get heavy rain – not that our place goes under, just give some more leeway for drainage.

Sonya

ccBearccBear

85 mm in the last 21 hrs and it has just started light rain again. O well time to get wet as some things have to be done with reports of the rain continuing through to next week.

luvinluvin

i am so over it,no access to go anywhere,though it does not bother me

here is a couple of piccies for you all

front paddocks

creek down the road cutting off access,much higher now

HaysviewHaysview

Well hi every one we are still having rain here,and they say we are going to get more we are so overit now.

We can’t wait for the sun to come out again,but this mean’s mozzies great just what we need.

Well you all stay safe out there and no swimming you hear:tup::tup:

luvinluvin

well for swimming all i can say is kids in paddocks on skid boards

lots of kids which is truly stupid fishing in the creek

hope everyone is safe and well

:hug::hug::hug:

russellrussell

@ Godwin Beach we got about 12 inches since late today, have @ had plenty for awhile:jawdrop:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.