Aussies Living Simply

The Rocky experiment

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log The Rocky experiment

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    diannedianne
    Participant

well I had planed to catch you up with lots of photos, but cant. when we had our old computer data moved over to the new one they didnt move over any of the photo files, and now claim they cant find them, so that is that, the last nearly 3 years worth of photos gone. they tell me its not worth looking for a” few photos” , but that is DS whole life so far, gone just like that. And now I cant get the back up drive to work either. SO I have spent the last few days in tears. I know they are just photos and other people are doing it much worse, but for me they were my only way to remember. I dont have the long term memory (or short term ) that most do so I relied on photos to fill the gaps. will raid all the families for copies but it is the stuff at home, between just me and the kids that cant be replaced. All DD school things and all DS firsts. all gone. :(:(:(

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Far out Di, 😮 how fricken horrible for you 🙁 I hope you still have your old hard drive as Im sure someone with abit more professionalism would be able to retrieve the photos for you. They are just photos, but they are our memories, precious memories at that. And they are worth looking for. I must add I put all my photos onto the computer and then copy them straight to disk. Something you should do with all your next photos. Lots of :hug: for you.

diannedianne
    Participant

Thanks, my last chance is that a friend of DH is a computer nut so maybe he might be able to go through the hole hard drive and find them but Im not holding my breath. I have some on disks and am tring to get some back from emails I have sent but lots gone. better go,is getting hard to see the keyboard.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Chin up Di, a computer nut is just what you need to retrieve them. Best of luck :hug:

carolfcarolf

Dianne hope your friend can find them, they will be there just need some one that is computer smart to do it.

Did you have a proffessional company move your data across for you, if so they are obligated to do everything to retrieve them.

Please don’t accept there statement that it is just a few photo’s.

geminiscgeminisc

:hug::hug:

i agree – how unprofessional for them to not move them over! i’d be livid and upset too!

HerbmanHerbman

That sux! I hope you get the pics back :hug:

diannedianne
    Participant

:shy:thanks you guys. well some good news, I found some more that were on the new comp but hiding and not where I was told they should be, so got some more back. and yes it was a proffessional mob, they said thay could go through everything but at $60 an hour and it could talk days so its not worth the money. I asked the photo nuts in the family if I could raid theres on the weekend and I think they said yes so that helps.:hug: thanks you guys.

diannedianne
    Participant

trying out a photo to see if I resized it right. Been out to SIL place over the weekend (hence the better mood) this is the kid I showed a while ago. She is getting big but is still beautiful. I soooooo wont to bring here home:( maybe in the new year I will have somewhere I could keep her.

diannedianne
    Participant

yay it works. :tup:

HerbmanHerbman

:tup:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

:clap: Yay, good new re the photos Di. We got offered a couple of kids the other day (wool ones) I declined as I need to do more research on Goaties (and try the meat) first, before getting any on the farm :geek:

carolfcarolf

Oh Dianne she is gorgeous, love goats.

diannedianne
    Participant

yer, if only she was mine 🙁 I keep daydreaming about her and one of her sisters running around in that back paddock that I dont have. :noapprove:

diannedianne
    Participant

Well there has been a bit going on in the garden, lots of new plants. this is the bed that had the lettuse in it now has a left over bean, a left over basil which I put in with the lettuce but did nothing until now, green and yellow zucs, corn, purple beans, and cucummbers. hoping there is enough room for all of them to gow, will see. Elsewhere, all the tomatoes were finished but are making a come back and flowering again so am leaving them to see what they do, plus the seeds I planted are taking there time so are nowhere near ready to go in. Every time I plant seeds it rains and gets cold:@ not helping the capsicums and things that like the hot. lets see, I gave in and bought some strawberry plants. I put two each into 2 hanging baskets (and hung them from the cloths line) and they have sent off shoots which have all taken root so I now have 9 plants which is good, down side is I now have to wait for fruit but thats alright. I also found rosellers so have 4 of these in pots. I put them in small pots untill I got some big one but they seam to love where they are as they all are huge compared to where I got them and have put on flowers. very cool. I planted a heep of red shallots to go with the green ones I have and they are also all going well, no casualitise.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.