Aussies Living Simply

The Rocky experiment

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log The Rocky experiment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    diannedianne
    Participant

So I thought if I made a little thead about what Im doing it might help me work out where im going wrong and help me keep going.

So to start with this is my little area, not much but is big enough to play around in. the tunels are to keep out the crows as they pull out every thing that grows, and when that is not a lot that makes a big difference.

so this is the vege patch….

diannedianne
    Participant

and this did have a couple fruit trees( all dead now)

now is just the compost and passonfruit and lawn clippings pile.

diannedianne
    Participant

I do have a couple of things growing…

capsicums

diannedianne
    Participant

And at last the passonfruit has flowered.:clap: it only took 4 plus years:confused::lol:

diannedianne
    Participant

am getting lots of flowers now so have been trying to pollinate them.

dont know what Im doing so im just rubbing pollin every where, over every thing.

Good LiferGood Lifer

Hi Dianne! Do you know why your fruit trees died? Your capsicums look great by the way, and your passionfruit. Do you feed your soil a lot? I’m just wondering if those trees are robbing nutrients from your side of the fence, and so perhaps you need to work extra hard on enriching your soil? I think it is a great idea to post your progress here… lets us all have a sticky beak and we can learn from you too! :tup:

diannedianne
    Participant

I think the trees were a combo of bad (so called) soil, the other trees and maybe waterlogged? oh and ME not shore really, so im going to start some fruit trees in pots, see how they go.

diannedianne
    Participant

ok, so whatever Im doing its working….

LOOK…

diannedianne
    Participant

I have little passionfruit.

yes I know what some of you are thinking.. but for my little, not so productive garden this is BIG

and look at my avatar now

diannedianne
    Participant

can you tell Im a little excited.

I also have seedlings… yay

The big ones are mini califlower, the ones at the back are mini cabbage and the rest are tomatoes. The tomatoes are from mixed seed pacs so dont know for sure what they are, hopfully some of them grow this time and I will get to find out.

diannedianne
    Participant

one more for good luck

TullymoorTullymoor

Good on you Dianne :clap: :clap: We have flowers on our passionfruits and no bees, so best I take a leaf out of your book and have a poke about :tup:

paulaorganicpaulaorganic

Yay, another garden log. :tup: and your capsicums and passionfruits look great Dianne.

I know the feeling with the crows……they are pulling all my ripe passionfruits off at the moment and cleaning the insides out, leaving a bare shell.

diannedianne
    Participant

:@ Dont tell me that:@ dame crows:@ looks like Im off to shop for more bird netting:tup:

diannedianne
    Participant

so not much happening around here except for me obsessing over a property. the house could use a little work but then again so could this one.:lol: plus I LOVE that there is fruit trees that are established and I dont have to start from scratch. Trying to talk DH into going for a look. He wonts to move to a property too (not for same reasons) but he has just payed off this place and not to sure about jumping into another morgage, which I can understand. anyway… what do you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.