Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

The new ALS site

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    nessienoonessienoo

Okay. This is the second time I’ve posted. My first post seems to have disappeared. :/

In the “Edit Profile” section, it requires a web page for saving the info.

I don’t have a web page. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting around this?

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

My reply to you disappeared too Nessienoo.

Where it’s got the http: dropdown, there’s a box next to that with the word “Australia” in grey. Just delete “Australia” and it should save.

At least it did for me.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Looks good to me and when we all get adjusted I’m sure it will be fabulous. Thanks for all your hard work guys.

Deb

ccBearccBear

Sorry no do like

VanessaVanessa

Not sure if it is just me but I cant see past page 8 on here (this is saying there is 14 pages) and on the main page it says the last reply was so many minutes ago which is not the last comment I am seeing.

Yeah I too dont really like the new site, but then I didnt like the old site when that changed either. So I guess I will get used to it and learn to like it, It’s probably not the site I dont like but the change. I’m a “give me familiar any day” type of person.

Well done to all the hours that must have gone into it, I’m sure it will grow on all of us.

VanessaVanessa

Also, I know things are probably in turmoil at the moment but just thought I would let you know about a couple of things I noticed.

In my garden log the pics are missing, will they come back? I think they were uploaded directly into the post not linked via an album or anything.

Some times the pages dont follow on from each other for example if a thread had four pages, going from page two to three, page three will include some posts that were on page two.

Not trying to nit pick just pointing out possible bugs.

IdunaIduna

I am a creature of habbit so I don’t like change but I’ll just get use to it again, like you do with everything thing else that changes.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Well it gets the thumbs up from me!! Well done Dan & Geoff ..

Yes it will take some getting used to.. but change is good. Change keeps our brain functioning.. thus change is good.

:cheer: :kiss: :cheer:

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

Well done everyone! Love the ‘my discussions’ tab! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

yeah Nessa, you are right there seems to be a bit of a page bug there.. Have noticed it myself.. We will battle on 🙂

Shangri LaShangri La

Just seeing what happens here. Change is good for the brain. Have been flat out with uni but hope to come back next week and work it all out

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

for someone who has only had the internet for a year, and is totally computer illiterate, apart from the page bugs which I hope get ironed out, I am having no problems at all, – apart from the page bugs :S

Anonymous
    Inactive

calliecat wrote:

for someone who has only had the internet for a year, and is totally computer illiterate, apart from the page bugs which I hope get ironed out, I am having no problems at all, – apart from the page bugs :S

Excellent, that has been one of the major parts of the upgrade to try and simplify the site a litte… It still looks a little busy, but working at it..

mustermuster

I rather like the idea that the site is developing and has a few bugs to iron out. If it was a corporate site it would annoy me

that everything is not working bigger and better immediately, but this is working well for most part and the few bugs will be ironed out. It’s the site that people will hanker for when it is replaced in a few years time – in the meantime I am enjoying the exploration and appreciate the ongoing work of our IT admin team.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Is there 9 pages to this thread or 15 ?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.