Aussies Living Simply

The new ALS site

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Andre

Hmm.. all bright and shiney …

I don’t do Facebook – and never will – so can’t compare.

It will take getting used to, but once I learn to navigate it, i am sure it will be fine.

Can’t please everyone Dan .. and you shouldn’t try. This is your site, you do what you think is best.

Looking forward to whatever you throw at us 🙂

Great work and good luck with it all…

(dang, I don’t know the shortcuts to half the smileys 🙁 )

Anonymous
    Inactive

porgey wrote:

Its not as simple as before but I am sure I will get used to it.

No photos in the thread? Did they not get transferred?

Well done on all of the hard work, cheers Porgey.

Hiya porgey..

Yeah still working on the old attachments.. they are there, just not showing 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Andre wrote:

(dang, I don’t know the shortcuts to half the smileys 🙁 )

When you do a “Quick reply” you don’t get the smiley options (they work if you put in the right symbols though….

If you do a normal reply or quote you get the full range of smiles etc 🙂 :woohoo:

Andre

Ah ha.. I see. B)

And another note .. the windows actually open up much faster for me now .. on my Macbook 🙂

Lady Bee

Ok, this thread has me confused.

When I open this thread it shows me that there are 11 pages to it, however it puts me at page 7. So I click on page 8, yup, pages 9 and 10 OK, when I click on page 11, I get the latest posts (I think) but it shows as being page 7 again.

:blink:

calliecat

Lady B wrote:

Ok, this thread has me confused.

When I open this thread it shows me that there are 11 pages to it, however it puts me at page 7. So I click on page 8, yup, pages 9 and 10 OK, when I click on page 11, I get the latest posts (I think) but it shows as being page 7 again.

:blink:

same here, when the kinks have been worked out, will it again go to last post read? (not that I could work that one out on the last site, but hopefully I will be able to on this one) :dry:

oohh is there no delete button this time round either?

and also how do we know when we have received a PM

aahhh questions, questions, questions :laugh:

karyn26

Wow I’m so lost,

I completely forgot we were going new too and took a while for me to get in,

I found my messages which was good as one was waiting for me dont know if my reply got sent though??

I’ll spend some time travelling through today

so far cautiously

as I dont want to press the wrong thing and lose it all

Not very puter literate

I’m sure in time we’ll all be asking ourselves “what did the old site look like “

Thanks to everyone involved in keeping our privacy intact and all the hard work it took to get us here

murdamcloud

I like. Thanks for all your hard work.

Is it my imagination or do pages load quicker?

karyn26

What are the coloured boxes under our avatars for and why do we have a “gold boarder” or “fresh boarder” attached

I like that we can see straight away who is online at the same time

Doc

Yep, welcome to the new site.

I would imagine that being creatures of habit there will be a few hiccoughs for a while until we all get a bit used to it :woohoo:

Some things may be done differently than previous but hang in there.

Realsitically, if the most you have to worry about in your life is that the ALS site has changed, then all can not be bad in the world B)

Now, where did I leave my new tutorials :blink:

Doc 😉

muster

I really like the new look. I might have to smarten up and get myself a new avatar. Well done Dan.

redhen2

it feels like i’ve got my shoes on the wrong feet, but i reckon it’s alright.

i can’t see a resemblance to facebook, except perhaps a common blue theme. in fact, it looks a lot like a lot of other fora. well done, guys. i appreciate your effort in getting it up and running (and, for me, faster. woohoo).

kathy

roundthebend

Finding it very hard and frustrating to navigate around, if I cant get the hang of it I may just have to go and throw something ( if that doesn’t work I doubt you will see much of me around here in future)

Bron

Yay, fabulous!

Jewels

I feel like have landed on Mars, can’t find forum topics, want to change pic in my signature, no signature mention in profile.

I am lost, what language do I need to navigate this site? Better, better than what?

Couldn’t even click on my favourite’s list ALS was discomboobalated! :blink:

Please make this a user friendly place for us naivecompoop computer folk from last century!! :angry:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.