Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

The new ALS site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I have been saying for over a year,, (maybe 2) and it is going to happen come hell or high water..

Next Friday night ALS will be going down for a couple of hours and will be migrated over to the new site..

For a long time I have been trying to get everything perfect.. and if I keep on that path we’ll never get moved.. So, there will be a whole lot of stuff missing for a start.. But as we all start using it and get feedback from you the members we’ll be able to make changes and add new features …

Some of the things that WILL NOT be migrated

– Ask Lyn (hopefully will be done at a later stage)

– Photo albums (The new photo album system is completely different, if you wish to save your pics now please do so.. Once the site is crossed over, I will be able to provide a zip file of you album. if you still need the pictures)

– Web links (may look at migrating these over in the near future)

– Calendar

– Recipes (will be looking at migrating this)

What is done

– Articles

– Forum (remember old links to photo albums and forum posts will be broken, this may be addressed over time, but might end up being a causality)

– User data

What this means,,, All your passwords and email details have all stayed the same and you will not have to change anything.

I’m hoping that the new site will be fair easier to use and even the most computer illiterate will not have any issues 🙂

Anyway, now I have gone public with this,,, it has to happen, so I best get cracking 🙂

BlueWrenBlueWren

Thanks for all the hard work Dan. :clap: :clap: Looking forward to the new look.Will all the current forum posts, with the exceptions you listed, move over as they are , with their pics, just continue on the new site?

kathykathy

Go Dan:tup::D

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Well done Dan all good things come to those who put in the effort.

Look forward to see you all over there.:tup:

marzmarz

Looking forward to the new site Dan.

Can we have a ‘home’ or ‘top’ button at the bottom of the pages as well, please?

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Suggest we wait a week or so before we start requesting changes/enhancements.

When you say “next Friday”, Dan, do you mean this friday coming, the 22nd or the next friday which is the 29th?

shadowdancershadowdancer

looking forward to seeing the New Face of ALS! 😀 Im getting excited actually! yeeehaaa! :tup: Well Done Dan!!!

GiannaGianna

I’m waiting with baited breath. Thanks Dan. :hug:

redhen2redhen2

Thanks, Dan. Legend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lady B wrote:

Suggest we wait a week or so before we start requesting changes/enhancements.

When you say “next Friday”, Dan, do you mean this friday coming, the 22nd or the next friday which is the 29th?

I’ve just finished Uni Exams and I have the Barley Banquet to attend to this weekend… 🙂

So the 29th it is.. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gianna wrote:

I’m waiting with baited breath. Thanks Dan. :hug:

ha so am I 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

marz wrote:

Looking forward to the new site Dan.

Can we have a ‘home’ or ‘top’ button at the bottom of the pages as well, please?

Yeah as Lady said.. I believe I have that covered off though 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

BlueWren wrote:

Thanks for all the hard work Dan. :clap: :clap: Looking forward to the new look.Will all the current forum posts, with the exceptions you listed, move over as they are , with their pics, just continue on the new site?

The forum will remain intact, appart from looking a little different..

If pics have been link from the current ALS photogalleries they will break.. If they have been link to from external sources such as photobucket, they will be fine.

One issue we still have is attachments.. We are hoping to cover this off by friday..

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

The Barley Banquet? Is that as harvested or after it’s malted and turned into beer? 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.