Aussies Living Simply

the increasing hardship of the less fortunate – CO2 forces expensive power cost

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Global warming and climate change the increasing hardship of the less fortunate – CO2 forces expensive power cost

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    BobbeeBobbee

Len I swore that I wouldn’t respond to you anymore because I have never met a more negative response to offers of help than the responses I read from you.

But I am a compassionate person, as are all the others who continue to try to assist you (and your friend) with various problems, so here I go again.

Do you know that it is possible to arrange an advance on your pension through Centrelink?

Do you know that it is possible to get a loan through Centrelink if you are a pensioner, which I seem to remember you told us that you are?

I would think that if you managed to save a little, and I do know that it is not easy to save, then perhaps your savings plus the loan would be enough to buy you a new fridge.

This would enable you to stop using at least one of your electricity guzzling old fridges and you would immediately be able to begin putting the power bill savings towards buying another fridge.

🙂

BobbeeBobbee

Oops!

I’ve been away from the site for a couple of days so I missed LadyB mentioning the Centrelink loans on another thread.

Apologies for beating on your drum LadyB.

🙂

Anonymous

you can only judge me by your own merits bobbee,

i’m not negative just realistic, I get a lot of criticism based on poor comprehension it would seem, we get our advances from central link very often it take 6 months to pay them back that runs us lean, we need the advances to cover out goings. and 6 months is a long time to run short on living allowance.

you may recall that not that long ago we struggled through and paid for our dogs dead body from the vet, the dog was long time in the ground by then.

take care

len

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I understand just how hard it can be, right now we can’t do anything about getting solar but it is on our list after fixing the drive we need to get a water tank or two in.

The BIL bought a 520L fridge for about $700 by watching the junk mail, it would be possible to get the loan from Centrelink and buy a fridge, we managed to save for a tank but the fridge died so bought a fridge instead…. saving is possible but hard to do on a pension and I should know been on a pension for more years than I care to remember.

SnagsSnags

gardenlen post=356613 wrote: you can only judge me by your own merits bobbee,

i’m not negative just realistic,

you may recall that not that long ago we struggled through and paid for our dogs dead body from the vet, the dog was long time in the ground by then.

take care

len

So the reason you dont have the money for Solar is not the carbon tax but because you chose to look after dogs instead.

I dont have dogs but I bet they are more expensive per year than solar panel repayments or a energy hungry fridge.

We make decisions in life and have to adjust our budgets accordingly.

BobbeeBobbee

gardenlen post=356613 wrote: you can only judge me by your own merits bobbee,

i’m not negative just realistic, I get a lot of criticism based on poor comprehension it would seem, we get our advances from central link very often it take 6 months to pay them back that runs us lean, we need the advances to cover out goings. and 6 months is a long time to run short on living allowance.

take care

len

Len please explain what you mean by the highlighted sentence?

Also will you explain what you mean by “…I get a lot of criticism based on poor comprehension it would seem,…….”

I like to understand what a person is saying before I respond you see.

Yep I remember that you struggled through and paid for your dogs treatment and subsequent euthanasing at the vet, never a pleasant experience and something I seem to also remember you received sympathy for from alsers.

All of us with animals of any kind have to put money away over a long time to pay for expenses like that. People, animals and cars also houses ALWAYS need money spent on them for day to day living and upkeep expenses.

Have you read and acted on the advice offered in this als thread?

https://www.aussieslivingsimply.com.au/forum/general-chat-and-catching-up/347151-online-surveys

It’s up there on the forum list for all to see.

🙂

PS: I posted the information, in this post and in the former, with the hope that it might assist you Len. So to, do all the others who keep on trying to help you.

Has it ever entered your head to give a “thanks mate” in responce as recognition for all the help being freely offered?

Anonymous

it goes like this bobbee, when you make a judgement on someone you do not know the only way you can form that judgement is by your own actions in life. so like it says you have judged me as being like you.

our dog was not euthanised it died miserably, dragged out so the vet could charge more. a mandarin now grows there.

we can little put money away for bills unlike you maybe who may be somewhat better off than us and the many others I stand for, in a face of inhumanity.

help that comes spread with criticism is not help.

so far this meter that was here when we bought is some sort of smart meter, yep smart enough to charge us more for less.

the dogs have no effect on us having solar snags, sort of answer i’d expect, so you say if you were aware of a dog needing a home that you would let it go under the needle so you can have solar?

we need another tank as well judy-b, but that would be like winning lotto except we don’t buy tickets of any sort.

ta

len

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

gardenlen post=356638 wrote:

our dog was not euthanised it died miserably, dragged out so the vet could charge more. a mandarin now grows there.

the dogs have no effect on us having solar snags, sort of answer i’d expect, so you say if you were aware of a dog needing a home that you would let it go under the needle so you can have solar?

len

Len

I suspect many of us here are animal lovers.

I’ve had many dogs in my time, and all well -cared for, but that’s a decision we all make for ourselves. YOU are not forced to do it – and I take my hat off to you for doing it … BUT, if you can’t afford to do it properly AND continue to do it, then of course you are going to struggle.

The point is, stop complaining about it. Care for the animals and put up with lack of money; don’t look after animals and save your dollars to look after yourself and family.

That’s reality.

Anonymous

agreed andre,

the dogs only become an issue when greedy vet’s get involved it was not always this way.

len

SnagsSnags

the dogs have no effect on us having solar snags, sort of answer i’d expect, so you say

[/quote= from article]

the average cost of owning a dog per annum was $1,056 (just over $20 per week)

http://www.petsinthecity.net.au/real-cost-keeping-dogs-and-cats

2 dogs = Solar panels saves $1000 a year in power= feed a dog

Carbon tax costs $9 the government gives you $10=not the problem

Im not telling you to get rid of your dogs, Im just telling you they are the reason you dont have spare money is not the carbon tax.

Anonymous

there ya go again snags running on someone’s rubbery figures our dogs cost nothing near what you quote.

the solar figures are just as rubbery

more inhumanity to mankind.

len

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

gardenlen post=356642 wrote:

the dogs only become an issue when greedy vet’s get involved it was not always this way.

len

Talk about judgemental Len.. sheesh!

Besides, the Vet only got involved because YOU involved them!

I wonder what you will think of your ‘greedy’ vet when one day he/she saves your beloved pets life!

I doubt wether you’ll be even grateful.

Those ‘greedy’ Vets you speak of .. they go to school for many years (& continue to train themselves thereon after), to use their brains to create and build a career that looks after animals.

They CHOSE to DO something to have the right to EARN the $$’s they earn.

You & you alone are responsible for YOUR situation.. ‘

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

goodness me snags, mine don’t cost that per fortnight, and there is 3 animals here, and they not little things either lol

Anonymous

good one humbug go for the jugular.

you neither know enough to pass judgement.

len

SnagsSnags

gardenlen post=356648 wrote: there ya go again snags running on someone’s rubbery figures our dogs cost nothing near what you quote.

the solar figures are just as rubbery

more inhumanity to mankind.

len

It was based on averages published numbers.

Im sure it takes into account average vet bills too,which as you know can make the cost of dog ownership quite high.

Could be more could be less just a ball park to get you thinking.

Re; accusations about man’s inhumanity to mankind, no greater inhumanity than global warming and overpopulation.

But some people use rubbery figures to pretend mans emission of CO2 is not a problem so they can justify their unsustainable lifestyles.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.