Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

The Garbage Warrior – Speaks Melb and Bendigo

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION, ENERGY and WATER CONSERVATION Building and Construction The Garbage Warrior – Speaks Melb and Bendigo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.stateofdesign.com.au/events/design-for-everyone/michael-reynolds/#e251

For over 40 years, architect Michael Reynolds has been teaching the world how to live sustainably, promoting a holistic way of living that involves natural and recycled materials, renewable energy and self-generated food and water supplies. Michael is a highly successful author, and has inspired a recent documentary, ‘Garbage Warrior,’ which celebrates his life and work.

Michael designs and builds homes that heat and cool themselves and built from natural and recycled materials, produce their own electricity, collect their own water, treat their own sewage and grow their own food. He is the initiator of 3 off-grid communities and travels with his team around the world demonstrating Earthship/sustainable principles.

Michael’s recent international projects include: a teahouse in the Netherlands, a sustainable home in Nicaragua, an eco resort in Jamaica, hurricane relief in Mexico, tsunami relief in India, a residence in France and demonstrations in England, Scotland, Norway, Spain, Japan, Bolivia, Bonaire and Honduras.

Join us for this rare opportunity to hear the Garbage Warrior speak about Earthships and his sustainable principles during his first visit from New Mexico to Australia.

The Garbage Warrior, Michael Reynolds speak in Melbourne (23 July, 6pm) and Bendigo (25 July, 3pm).

mary dollmary doll

:(:(:( wish i was still living in melbourne :(:(:(

would you please ask him to come to Perth

Love the look of that/those house(s)! Not real keen on the rocks on the roof though, is that for a heat sink?

P

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I would love to go to this!

AnjaAnja

I would too Jan but mid week is difficult. If I can organise lifts for kids training etc, do you think you coukd give me a lift??

CettCett

thanks for the info Dan, i reckon we might head to the bendigo talk

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anja wrote:

I would too Jan but mid week is difficult. If I can organise lifts for kids training etc, do you think you coukd give me a lift??

I’m going Anja.. If you guys wanna get to my house I’ll drive you everyone in to Fitzroy.. Or we can catch the bus from my place (bus stop 30m away, which goes in to Carlton)

I’ve bought my ticket 🙂

AnjaAnja

My problem might be no car. Depends on whether I can organise lifts for kids. We’ll see how it goes..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah.. I’d sugest I maybe able to pick you up on my way home from work … I can take a route that takes me to the end of Warragal road you around there ?? I think it is Warrigal and Cantabury ?(sp??)

that would be around 1645 maybe a bit early ?

AnjaAnja

YES!! Wa too early! I’ll get in touch with Jan and see if she can help out. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it!!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Happy to pick you up Anja.. it would be great to grab a lift with Dan in though.. what time are you leaving your place Dan ?

I don’t fancy driving into Fitzroy :rol:

mumof6mumof6

Is anyone in NE vic going to Bendigo?

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I got my ticket 😀

AnjaAnja

YAY!! Will just clear it with His Lordship and let you know tomorrow!!

AnjaAnja

I can go!! Will buy ticket tomorrow and liaise with Jan. I didn’t realise it started so ealrly so Dan your idea of a pick up time wasn’t so bad after all, but Jan practicaly will drive past my door on her way to yours, and it will give us a few minutes to talk about you :lol::lol::lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.