Aussies Living Simply

Tensions Rise Over Indonesian Fuel Prices

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Tensions Rise Over Indonesian Fuel Prices

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GiannaGianna

I came across this while looking to see if Indonesia allow foreign ownership of land (they don’t).

Those folks are facing a 33% price hike in April and things are getting ugly. :ohmy:

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/tensions-rise-over-indonesian-fuel-prices/504345

owlbrudderowlbrudder

A 33% hike will certainly hit their back pockets: most of the population is not affluent. Not a good time to be Indonesian and poor, I would think. We recently had a 4c/ltr rise in our fuel prices here (rural town), after a long period of stability, but that is a long way from 33%. One thing I am sure of is that fuel prices are not going to go down any time soon.

BobbeeBobbee

It’s always the poorest that get hurt the most, poor souls. :hug:

:hug:

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Poor things. I can only imagine how hard it will be for them. It cost me $90 to fill up yesterday and that’s a commodore station wagon :jawdrop:

GiannaGianna

Wow MH, you must have been empty. My car took around $55 today ($53 after my 4cents a litre off)and I’d hate to have to pay an extra 33% on top of that.

DB346DB346

Since early 2008 Australian Fuel Price have risin by 30%

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

I still had just under 100km to go on the tank :jawdrop: . The joys of living in rural areas :shrug:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.