Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Tasmanian relocation

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    sue esue e

love those little sniffer dogs at the airport! we like it around Ulverstone as well. My ideal would be a few acres with ocean views LOL. the thing is in Tassie it’s possible and probably for under $500,000!

I hope our mass migration down there doesn’t wreck Tassie and pus prices up like it has here.

GgangGgang

we keep looking and have seen a few up there that seemed good ……. the big thing for us is the cold 🙁 someone said as far north as possible and near the sea :dry: but it probably still is too cold :shrug:

slowlynowslowlynow

Lived in Tassie in rhe nineties and early noughties. Was and is a great place. Lived in Launceston and Hobart and also in the highland in a little town called Wayatinah!

Property prices down there are now too high for a lot of people earning a Tassie wage. They shot up on the back of the Sydney and Melbourne markets going skyward. Used to be able to get 10 – 12% rental yields in Hobart!

The East coast has the mildest climate, similar to SE NSW. Just about every cornet of Tassie is beautiful, except the heavily logged out of the way places!

BootstrapperBootstrapper

Lucky bugger, RW.

If personal circumstances didn’t tie me to Sydney, I’d move to Tassie, to. I like Sheffield and surrounds. Nice, rolling country. Convenient driving distance to Devonport and Launceston (for the weekly / monthly shopping excursion).

And, they have a rifle range!

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

:laugh: RW has started the great ALS Tasmanian migration!

sue esue e

I was just thinking that! At least it would be over run by simple living types!

CoronaCorona

We too will be moving to tas soon. Hubby goes in a couple of weeks, I have to stay here till the house is sold. We have bought a 3 bed cottage with 3 acres. The plan is to grow as much as we can to feed our selves and live a nice quiet life. Our place is in Wilmot,our views look out over Mt. Roland, can’t wait to start getting my hands in that lovely soil. You all make me a little bit jealous when I read about your simple life adventures…. Soon soon soon, I just keep telling myself.

sue esue e

good luck to you! keep us all posted on your journey. 🙂

CoronaCorona

Thanks sue e. Will have to learn how to post photo’s. That will be a challenge, give me a sewing machine or overlocker and I’m a whiz. Give me a computer and I’m a no-hoper.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

With the influx of northerners to our Tassie, we might actually have a crowd at our next ASL get together. When ever that will be.

Deb

CoronaCorona

Hi Bluezbandit, We originally were from Tassie but moved to the Gold Coast for hubbies work. Can’t wait to get “back home”. ASL get together sounds great, but wait till I get there please!!!!!!!

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Okie dokie!

mauzimauzi

bluezbandit, count me in on a get together. Sounds like a good idea.

Cheers

Mauzi

sue esue e

Any doubts that I may have had about a move to TASSIE HAS EVAPORATED AS QUICKLY AS THE WATER I PUT ON THE GARDEN THIS MORNING!and it’s only spring! gotta go and vacuum the pool – will be soon time to seek refuge in it! 🙁 🙁

sue esue e

OMG! It’s gonna be 33 tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.