Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Take a look at this

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Take a look at this

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KarmaKarma

This will put you off processed chicken, nuggets etc for life:jawdrop:

http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com/post/1206666159/say-hello-to-mechanically-separated-chicken-its

lynnielynnie

Jamie Oliver did a story on this in one of his shows… its pretty much the left over chook n the male chicks squashed… pretty ack IMO

ccBearccBear
    FozzieFozzie

Yummo!! Might be time to make my own chicken nuggets me thinks!

But I think there’s that much food that is similar… ie we wouldn’t eat it if we knew what was actually in it… like dim sims… which I LOVE!!

I figure with some of this type of food, if it tastes good and we don’t over indulge, then it can’t do us too much harm eating eyeballs disguised as nuggets… right?? (aside from the nasties such as the ammonia that is apparently in the chicken if the linked post is correct…) :rip:

GrethGreth

Fozzie, I worked out how to make own spring rolls, and will never enjoy a takeaway one again. Absolutely wonderful when you can see and taste the ingredients! Dim sims can’t be that much different, wrappers are available frozen for not too much if the pastry seems daunting.

Also turned my son from slightly cabbage avoiding into Ohh, yum cabbage!

lostinthefoglostinthefog

I make homemade spring rolls too and they are yummy, even if i do say so myself! I use turkey mince and add lots of finely shredded herbs and veges plus vermicelli noodles, ginger, chilli, garlic etc. Makes a cheap meal with a side salad and they are great cold in lunch boxes. I think they work well with turkey mince as it has so little fat.

FozzieFozzie

Well Greth and lostinthefrog… I think recipes are needed *nods* 😀

(I’ll start up a thread in the recipes section!)

GrethGreth

I usually go for finely sliced cabbage, shredded ham, grated carrot, finely sliced onion or spring onion. Sometimes bean sprouts, marinade in soy sauce, wrap in spring roll wrappers (a little egg white to paste it together, wrapping instructions are on the pack, not hard when you get the knack)

deep fry in oil until golden and num, num num!

luvinluvin

all i am going to say after working in a chicken processing plant twice

not once did i see this,but that was over a decade ago

though it did turn me into a vegan back then and still am

WombatWombat

Think I’m gonna chunder!:rip:

Nev

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.