Aussies Living Simply

Sydney & NSW coast Jan 2010

Home Forums Regional Groups New South Wales Sydney & NSW coast Jan 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Herbman

Lovely Sydney-siders and NSW coastal dwellers …

As you may be aware, I had to make some alterations to my bike travel. Ditched the pushy and going with the motor bike instead.

This gives me heaps more flexibility and also means that I will have to travel back to Brisbane from Melbourne in mid-January.

I will be getting the day ferry on 18 January back from Tassie to Melbourne. Hoping to ride back to Brissy via the coast road. Last time I did it I only took 2 days :p . This time I hope to take 4 – 5 days depending on what happens.

Would anyone like to catch up?

(Tried to PM a few people who have asked whether I’m going through Sydney or NSW coast, but some inboxes full)

Mumchook

Sounds great, Andy. :wave: There are a few of us Central Coasters and Sydney-ites who would love to catch up, I’m sure.

My PM inbox is full for sure; full of DVD train emails I was wanting to hang on to for a while until it was over and all DVDs had been returned to me. How about I PM you with an email address?

Herbman

Have sent you an email Mumchook 😀

Wombat’s is another inbox that’s full … You there Nev? 😀 :wave:

Mumchook

I have his email so will pop a mesage off to him as well.

I might just have to sign off tonight, internet is playing up. Think I might have a puter virus, actually. 🙁

chester

Hi Let me know what you are upto, might be able to join. thats if I am back from holidays yet. Otherwise we could meet at Kempsey on your way up Herbman.

Mumchook

Have emailed Wombat/Nev, hope that email address is still current! 😀

Wombat

Herbman wrote:

Have sent you an email Mumchook 😀

Wombat’s is another inbox that’s full … You there Nev? 😀 :wave:

Yo! I’m here! (Need to check the inbox)

I’d love to be part of a GTG and have a spare bed if you are after accommodation. Look forward to seeing it come together!

Nev

Herbman

I just might take you up on that Nev 😀 Promise to stop in Sydney this time. Don’t have any uni assignments due like last time when I had to get home really quickly :p

Wombat

:tup:We’ll be looking forward to it!:D

Herbman

Lovely people 😀 :wave:

I am leaving Brisvegas tomorrow, but will be back for Christmas.

So far am likely to be in Sydney on either 19 or 20 January, and then up the coast north of there the next day. Will have more specifics after I get back from Victoria.

Am open to traveling the southern NSW coast, but may just fly up the Hume Hwy. Depends on who’s around 😀

tipsypixie

Hey there Herbman

I realise that you’re already on your way but figure you’ll be checking back in on your travels.

We’re on the mid north coast and would love to meet up with you. While I can’t speak for others, Chester and Gothic Mumma both know where we are and just how easy it is to find being less than 2 minutes off the highway. If you can’t meet up with Chester down her way this could maybe be a nice stop off point. We’re just over 2 hours to the central coast or an hour and a bit north of Newcastle. Of course, if you want to and any one else wants to drop in at the same time we’d be more than happy to accomodate (says she who hasn’t run it by the family yet!).

We’re about 8 hours drive/ride from your home base and can provide a bed and heaps of fresh fruit, veg and maybe a cool drink as well. Meat will depend on finances on any particular day and the behaviour of my currently very badly behaved chickens 😡

Anyhow, best of luck on your journey and enjoy the meeting of everyone. Be safe. I look forward to reports from your along the way.

Cheers

C.

nlac

Hi

We are probably about an hour south of you tipsypixie. We’d love to meet some ALSers so we will keep an eye on this thread and if there are some ALSers meeting at your place we would love to come along and say hi!

Sounds like quite an adventure your on Herbman.

tipsypixie wrote:

Hey there Herbman

I realise that you’re already on your way but figure you’ll be checking back in on your travels.

We’re on the mid north coast and would love to meet up with you. While I can’t speak for others, Chester and Gothic Mumma both know where we are and just how easy it is to find being less than 2 minutes off the highway. If you can’t meet up with Chester down her way this could maybe be a nice stop off point. We’re just over 2 hours to the central coast or an hour and a bit north of Newcastle. Of course, if you want to and any one else wants to drop in at the same time we’d be more than happy to accomodate (says she who hasn’t run it by the family yet!).

We’re about 8 hours drive/ride from your home base and can provide a bed and heaps of fresh fruit, veg and maybe a cool drink as well. Meat will depend on finances on any particular day and the behaviour of my currently very badly behaved chickens 😡

Anyhow, best of luck on your journey and enjoy the meeting of everyone. Be safe. I look forward to reports from your along the way.

Cheers

C.

Ill be there if i can get there deffently :hug:

redhen2

hey andy. what fun. i’m south of sydney, close to the hume. would love to see you.

there are other alsers around here, too.

i have a spare bed if you need one. :tup:

k

chester

I be up at the farm from 26th dec for 5 weeks, don’t think I can back track to your place TP cause I got the sheep up there too. But could meet Herbman and have lunch at Freddo pie shop, they got a new cafe area. Nice to catch up. Andy & TP will pm a phone no to contact me (My friend Jenny) could you pass it on to Herbman if he doesn’t get to a puter thanks TP:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.