Aussies Living Simply

Sydney GTG

Home Forums Regional Groups New South Wales Sydney GTG

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

LOL we should run a poll for the date and location. 5th ok with me. I’m at Yennora. About 15mins from Parramatta,Liverpool,Bankstown. Not far off Woodville Rd and around a 4 minute walk from the station. Trains run past every half hour on weekends (if Cityrail has their act together). :lol::lol:

deee

Can we make it a Sunday, please? I have to milk a cow at 4.30 on Saturday afternoons. THis is one of the few places I can admit that without getting strange looks…..

If we head to Yennora, Nev and I could car pool ( a cunning plan on my part to check out Wombat’s backyard). I can take two others. I’d head from Richmond to St Clair, then up the M4 to Granville, then Yennora. Could go through Blacktown and Parramatta, or pick up from Granville station. Public transport in the Hawkesbury is non-existant on weekends, so a full car is the next best option.

D

Wombat

OK Deee works for me!

Nev

zippy

Sunday’s are way too full on for me.

If it’s Sunday, I’ll bow and step out, if Saturday then I’ll be there with bells on.

It just depends on the general consensus and our lovely host ofcourse.

Anonymous

Well it is between Nev and I hosting. I am at Yennora and easy to get here by car or train.

Not sure where Neville is but I would be public transporting it or having to meet up with a driver.

Either way no big issue for me as only weekend I am really busy is 28/29th for the chook show.

Wombat

We are at St Clair and public transport is a bit more of a hassle, but there are buses from St Mary’s and Mt Druitt stations.

Mumchook

I’m still wanting to be in for this, and I could collect Suzi on the way and pick her brains about co-ops or something!

😆

Saturdays or Sundays are fine, it just depends on if I already have something arranged. First weekend in July is so far CLEAR but prob won’t be for long as a family birthday is near that and we may have a get together!

How about lunch on the Saturday, and everyone bringing food to share, then Deee can get back to her cow before the bewitching hour (or at least milking time!) 😆

Show in Wyong, just down the road from me? Wow! I thought there was something on in May which I missed because of doing my PDC. Did I get the month wrong?!?!

I’m not surprised…. :uhoh:

:wave:

zippy

Actually that does sound good Mumchook.

OK, so far we have:

baxters6

lefty

sprite

smiffy

redhen2

greendragon

mumchook

starruby

ginny

greengidget

deee

chester

womat

and ofcourse Sebzpets

We have the option of Sat 20th or Sat/Sun on the first weekend in July, can you please post or PM me with which weekend you can do.

If we’re all ok for one we’ll have it at Seb’s if we’re split we can have one at Seb’s and one at Wombat’s.

thanks for the lift offer Mumchook! DS and DH will probably come too (though I’d love the day off to myself!)

zippy

Oh! and what you’re bringing for lunch (if that’s ok with you Seb/Nev), sweet or savoury.

baxters6
    Participant

can i put my hand up for sunday please. g/son has football on a saturday & i am his transport. also husband helps son at his factory on saturdays too. food list for each one of us to bring would be a good idea? so no doublng up etc. bev

zippy

Yep, we’ll do that when we know who’s going where.

chester

I am easy, just say when & where:) oooooops that dosen’t sound good;)

Mumchook

Sat or Sun, first weekend in July suits me.

I can do either savoury or sweet. Just let me know what you have less of!

Ree

smiffy

Sat or sunday the first weekend in July suits me as we fly out to london on the 7th.

Anonymous

Ok…..how is 11am 5th July at my place??

Hopefully that will fit everyone in (including the cow).

I can fire up the BBQ.

And will do some Marinated Baby Octopus and some home-made sausage rolls. will also see what the Cray’s are loking like at my local fishmongers.

I figure the sausage rolls might sit better with any youngsters that come along.

Now to go hunting up some sauce recipes…..going to try the Worsy one that is on here to start.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.