Aussies Living Simply

Swaps for 2011? Ideas please.

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Swappers Central Swaps for 2011? Ideas please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Lady Bee
    Keymaster

Time to think about what swaps we want to do for the year. First off we need IDEAS. What things would you like to swap?

For the newcomers, in the past we’ve done beanies, shopping bags, aprons, recipes, something home made, something from the op shop, tea towels, oven mitts. Probably other stuff that I can’t remember. Oh and just because we’ve done something doesn’t mean we won’t do it again. The op shop swap is a particular favourite of our swappers and we’ve done this one a few times.

See here for Swap Rules

Please submit your ideas in this thread before end of January.

Happy swapping.

Michael1973

Chookies, Seeds, garden tools.

BlueWren

Swapping chooks?! Now there’s an idea! Could work in local areas as part of a GTG, although the buddy system wouldn’t be possible of course as in a normal swap. Can’t you just see us all rolling up with boxes of clucking chooks!I have Barnevelder cockerels right now that need homes! Any takers? No swap required!

For a “normal” swap what about mugs with a plant/flower/animal / outdoorsy picture?

Greth

definitely want to see opshops again, that was fun.

Cheap books? Craft materials? Hats.

knitted/woven/felted woolly thing for winter (may have to work on the title?)

Christmas decoration (bought or handmade, pref handmade)

I am still willing to be a swap deputy if you get overwhelmed by the process, Lady B!

luvin

a warmth swap,anything a person could wear to keep warm for winter

seasonal decoarations,handmade,e.g.summer,winter etc

christmas ornament

unwanted craft supplies

BlueWren

I had big second thoughts on the chooks idea…….just fed mine…..how ever would I choose which one to swap? ……..too attached to all of them silly old me!

Indoor plant pots/pot containers?

bushy

Books or magazines sounds good…..considering Im not too good at making aprons…lol

Gothmother

Seeds would be my suggestion. they are nice and cheap to post and we all use them.

Garden gnomes or ornaments (home made?)

seeds

oven mitts

op shop items

home made preserves, jams, sauces, pickles, etc, including the recipe

books

kerrieb

Seeds

Books never did get to that one last year.

Husbands:laugh:

gartenfee

i would like to swap washcloth,knitted or crochet.they are the best things out for washing dishes.

Greth

Kerrie, you are welcome to my husband, he will build you wind generators, send you broke in the process, and can’t even pronounce the word housework.

Franceyne

What about something made from recycled ‘things’?

Bangers

What about a recipe swap where you send your nominated buddy for favourite recipe or five???

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

kerrieb post=302470 wrote:

Books never did get to that one last year.

No we didn’t. Ran out of time after the second swap dragged on and on and on some more. Happy to go with that this year, although I don’t know that I could pick any of my books to swap. Maybe a novel, but none of my “real” books.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.