Aussies Living Simply

SWAPAROONEE LIST FOR RAK GROUP MEMBERS

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Seed Exchange and Traders Market SWAPAROONEE LIST FOR RAK GROUP MEMBERS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 447 total)
  • Author
    Bobbee

Ok folks don’t forget the Swaparoonee which is our little reward to each other. This is our opportunity to circulate love and kindness within the Rak Group.

Any one who has ever been a raker or a rakee may put their name on the Swaparoonee List.

In about 2 weeks time, or if you think we need a bit longer then in about 4 weeks time ( or whenever) we will get the pressie swap into action.

I would like to hear suggestions for how we organise the pairs for pressie swapping.

SWAPAROONEE LIST

1 . Tullymoor

2 . Roundthebend

3 . Muzzy

4. Judi B

5 . broni

6. salli

7. jilumasam

8. Bobbee

9. Jeanie

10. Chookasmum

11. dierich

12. Gianna

13. anneatbecker

14. Narelle

15. BecF

16. Erthgirl

17. Tami

18. Gothic Mumma 4 Life

19. Tamandco

20. Maree Schurmann

Post on this thread if you would like to participate in the Swaparoonee.

kitty74

Scuse my ignorance but what is an RAK? Sorry for butting in, just wanted to know… :shy:

salli

Random Acts Of Kindness! kitty74 :hug:

Bobbee

Hi Kitty74,

No problems with asking questions on this site . That’s the only way to find out sumpin’.

RAK stands for Random Acts of Kindness.

An alser came up with the idea first of all and we all enjoy it so much that it has taken off like a steam train.

What happens is:

ALS Rak Group members nominate other alsers they believe need help of some sort, using information they glean from the threads or from personal knowledge.

The kind of help can be good wishes and love and support of that kind.

It can be small, or large amounts of cash, which may be needed to cope with illness, unexpected troubles/bills etc.

Money may be needed for specific projects, for example, a green house.

There is, of course, a procedure whereby all nominations are checked out and then they are placed on a list in order of need.

That’s a brief summation of what a RAK is Kitty74.

:hug::hug:

Erthgirl

I reckon draw the names out of a hat Bobsicle! :tup:

Gianna

I would like to hear suggestions for how we organise the pairs for pressie swapping.

Lady B is the expert. 😉

Bobbee

I thought of drawing names out of a hat Erthgirl. That would work. Two names at a time and post results on this thread. The two people concerned would then organise a feel-good pressie for each other post ’em off and there you go, a Swaparoonee Pressie for all concerned.

I also thought of contacting Lady B, Jenny. She sure is the expert on swaps. We don’t have to keep ours secret though. Unless those on the list want to have the fun of guessing who sent their pressie.

That sounds complicated.

More interaction needed Swaparoonee people please.

:hug::hug::hug:

Gianna

I thought of drawing names out of a hat Erthgirl. That would work. Two names at a time and post results on this thread. The two people concerned would then organise a feel-good pressie for each other post ’em off and there you go, a Swaparoonee Pressie for all concerned.

That’s the easiest way Bobbee. Sounds good to me. :hug:

Tami

I like the idea of drawing names out of a hat Bobbee. I also kind of like the idea of having to guess who sent you the present. Unless its someone you don’t know all that well in which case it will be hard to guess.

Tamandco

I don’t like the idea of drawing names out of a hat at all. :tdown:

I insist that the names be drawn out of a shoe box instead. :tup:

Wendy

😆 @ Tamandco :rol:

RAK stands for Random Acts of Kindness.

I think this is great, not many people do things like this and its sad.

I used to do it as a teenager:shy:

I gave a man who looked like he was havinga rough day a choc bar cos i had 2:) You know those things are the thingsi rember the most cos the smile on his face was priceless and so kind:shy:

Anywho im comming back from my trip down memory lane………

May someone just explain if its $$ OR gifts this time and if its gifts how do you know they will like it?

Sorry to sound a tad crazy 😆

Just wondering what to do :tup:

If i cant join, can i do something for someone anyways?

Like is there anyone someone knows off that needs something or could do with a suprise?

Bobbee

Gothic Mumma 4 Life you can go on the Swaparoonee list if you join the rak group. I will put your name on the list and if you do not want to join the rak tell me and I will remove it.

How’s that? :hug:

Tamandco are you joining the list or just having fun being cheeky?

I’d love to put your name on the list too!

PS. The names/numbers will probably be drawn out of a bucket akcherly!! :lol::lol:

:hug::hug::hug:

Tamandco

Of course!:tup:

Bobbee

Tam dear,

I am obviously not connecting very well here. Is it “of course” that you are joining the list?

Or, “of course” you are just having fun and being cheeky? :lol::lol:

:hug::hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 447 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.