Aussies Living Simply

Sustainable Living Survey

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Sustainable Living Survey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    helenmhelenm

Hi all

I am a long-time member (mostly lurker) on ALS, and for a day job Iā€™m a lecturer at a Western Australian university. Iā€™m currently doing research into various areas of sustainable and simple living, trying to bring together my research interests and personal passions. The ALS moderator has kindly agreed to let me post my request for help here!

My current project is looking at grass-roots action around sustainable and simple living. I am particularly interested in how Australian online sites such as Aussies Living Simply impact on its readers. Personally I have found sites like this to be an invaluable resource and also inspiration as I try and live a simpler life. Iā€™m interested in seeing what people get from these sites that might not otherwise be available to them in terms of information and support from others. The research aims to provide some insights that are useful in thinking about how to encourage a more widespread change in behaviour towards simpler living. Hopefully it will also be useful to the ALS moderators as well!

As part of my project, I am running an online survey which asks how people put sustainable living into action in their daily lives, and what aspects of the sites they find most useful. I would be very grateful to any ALS readers who can make the time to take the survey. (I realise there was another survey posted here not so long ago ā€“ although I have a few similar questions, my aims are quite different as I am not researching an official simplicity movement as such, but the experiences of readers of this site).

The survey is anonymous, does not require an email (nor does it ask about your income!) and should take about 15 minutes to complete.

The survey is here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SustainableLivingALS

If people are interested, I am happy to put up links later to the results, and also any publications that report on my research.

Many thanks,

Helen Merrick

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Done Helen, quick and simple, look forward to your results. šŸ™‚

helenmhelenm

Thank you!

I was very excited to see so many people had gone and checked out the survey already. Glad that you found it quick and simple šŸ™‚ i would have loved to have had a prize or reward but that means gathering emails or contacts which understandably can put people off.

Hopefully the results and feedback for the site will be its own reward!

Thanks again,

Helen

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Feel free to send money šŸ˜†

KasaliaKasalia

Easy to do and quite quick.

helenmhelenm

Thanks Kasalia! Glad you found it easy.

and sure busylizzie – is some virtual money ok? šŸ™‚

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Done. Would be interested in the results when and if….

helenmhelenm

Thanks Ballamara!

I will post results and links to any of the articles i write up from them on a blog. I’ll be sure to post here to give everyone the link.

mossymossy

Done šŸ™‚

MuzzyMuzzy

done

VickieVickie

done!

i found this a good way to reflect on my own habits, very interesting šŸ™‚

IdunaIduna

Done.

helenmhelenm

Thanks Mossy and Muzzy!

Are you twins? šŸ™‚

H

helenmhelenm

Thanks Iduna and Vickie!

Interesting that it was a useful way to reflect on what you are doing. I found the same as I was compiling the survey – it took a long time, as I kept remembering more things to add šŸ™‚

mauzimauzi

Hi Helenm, I have done the survey as well. One point though, I live in Tasmania and it is not on the list of States šŸ˜€

Congratulations on doing this survey and I would be interested in the results as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.