Aussies Living Simply

Subsidy Approved

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ccBear

Will post a photo when my mollster takes one and see if its the same type. I did have a look and all figures are still zeros’ but it does flash a negative sign every now and then.

Is this a continuous tally karma or does what goes into the grid only show for each day.

Our meter cycles between six readings, being for peak, shoulder and off-peak, in and out. Continuous tally.

P

ccBear

Ok will see if this photo uploads, it has been a while since I done one.

It is showing the negative sign and what is the scroll button up top for

Sprout

Why not ring Energex and ask them to explain more about your meter and the scroll function.

“The ONLY stupid question is the ONE NOT asked.”

I’ve rung ours (Country Energy) a couple of times to clarify how the billing and meter readings go and how daylight saving changes readings etc. You may have to try a couple of times but sooner or later you should be able to speak to someone who can answer all your questions or even email you some of the details. We have the same meter as KD, also Country Energy, NSW, quite different to yours.

Can you check your solar production details on your inverter? Do you have the manual for your inverter?

Just keep asking until things are sorted out and understood.

The meter is the same as that one, it gives a continuous tally, one for import and one for export. I just subtract the day befores reading to see how much we have produced each day. It just automatically scrolls between the two readings over a few seconds. You would think that there should be some export reading by now. I have never touched the scroll button.

ccBear

One unit exported so far.

Sprout that is why I am asking the members here, the energex installers told me nothing when I asked about the meter and asking our members first is a lot less stressful than trying to contact energex.

Herbman

ccBear – Sounds great.

We received our pre-approval letter yesterday so I’ve just got to forward it to Diamond Energy for them to install a system for us also.

Will be watching other’s experiences with interest now that we too will be getting a 1kW system on our roof. Every little saving will mean a lot for us (in $$) because we are paying extra atmos for 100% green electricity through AGL (cheapest option at time we connected).

fluffy chook

We got our approval on Friday too Herbie – the system is getting installed next week sometime.:clap::D

Herbman

Wow, that’s quick Fluffy Chook. I sent our letter off to the supplier this evening.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.