Aussies Living Simply

Stockpile schedule for short term emergency

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Peak Oil – where are we headed? Stockpile schedule for short term emergency

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    RobyneRobyne

Hubby likes those tinned meals I can’t come at them Sorry too many as a kid mUm found them easy meals.

I did buy some Easy macs single meals for bubs I got 3 for $2.50 at Rite Price I think I got her $10 worth.

Coles has Heinz Baked beans and spag out this week 5 for $5 I bought 10 of each.

Something I will be buying a few of is the can openers when they break its usually in the middle of opeing a can

A neighbour bought a shipping container but it was one of those cold storeage ones they set it up with solar panels and keep there food in it. I think they paid a couple of 1000 for it

grumpy3grumpy3

:tup:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve got the canned food side all done, next week pay week I’m buying 5kg raw sugar, 5kg flour, 1kg milk powder and 16 rolls toilet paper.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

You can get bulk packs of loo paper at Kmart for those interested, also washing detergent too (if you can use brands that they stock – we can’t as we have our own system but good if you can). They have lots of storage stuff too.

grumpy3grumpy3

Have eight dozen rolls toilet paper so that should last four weeks. Just take yer dishes down the creek and a hand full sand and a bit of a stir and hea there clean.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

grumpy3 wrote:

Have eight dozen rolls toilet paper so that should last four weeks. Just take yer dishes down the creek and a hand full sand and a bit of a stir and hea there clean.

Would you need some water?:lol: if so I’d rather just bring a barrow of the sand up to the house.

grumpy3grumpy3

The barrow has a flat tire so to hard to push. lolol

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

grumpy3 wrote:

The barrow has a flat tire so to hard to push. lolol

any excuse to get out of work 😆

grumpy3grumpy3

I had to spend a lot of time researching that excuse so it was very hard work, phwee.

grumpy3grumpy3

I guess with tins you can only hope you never have to move in a hurry but then its no different than preserving the food yourself. Which ever way its a good idea and it means you are not going hungry.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

grumpy3 wrote:

I guess with tins you can only hope you never have to move in a hurry but then its no different than preserving the food yourself. Which ever way its a good idea and it means you are not going hungry.

If you eat out of the tin you won’t need to wash your plates down at the creek ;):lol:

grumpy3grumpy3

bbbut Misty, If I ate of tins its going to cause a lot more physical labour by having to did holes put tines in burn them and cover them over. Be ready for another feed and then the same process all over again. :noapprove:

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

😆 You’re just trying to get out of more work 😆

MileyMoonMileyMoon

roadwarrior wrote:

Most ideas will be on a strict low budget to assist everyone attempt to prepare for a least a 4 week emergency…

However there is more and more evidence coming out every day that a major crisis will be encountered between 2012-2015. The time to prepare for this was yesterday.

(sorry I edited out most of RW”s quote)

I just re-read the first post and just so I am with the program… the aim of this is to prepare for a short term emergency, not a long term emergency in a short time!

Just checking 🙂 so I stay on track with my posts

BTW 4 weeks is good… less internal panic! 30 rolls of toilet paper is ok… 300 is crazy

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

grumpy there is no water in the creek here so you’d have to cart water from the house to the creek each time, and don’t tell me there’s a hole in the bucket…… not getting out of work that easy 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.