Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Steve's Joint

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Real men don’t wear gloves Hummers!!!! 😆 😆 😆

karyn26karyn26

Hey Steve looking great thanks for the tour.

We also have the same wildlife here on occasions always when the G/Son’s here he must attract them

BobbeeBobbee

Steve post=322660 wrote: Real men don’t wear gloves Hummers!!!! 😆 😆 😆

Sorry Steve but you got that wrong, stupid men don’t wear gloves!!!! 😛 :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Hmmmm I’m also a culprit for not wearing gloves at times but after pruning the roses this year without them and having the cuts swell up all over my hands looking like they’d been in a mincer I now have gloves all over the place. Put lots of Betadine on those hands Steve. We also have couch grass here it’s 👿 . The gardens are looking good.

lisannelisanne

What a cute little tree!! 😀 I’m also one for wearing gloves – I work at a computer all day so have quite soft hands – hurt hands make things hard to do and I’d rather be able to do stuff!

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Thanks MH, the hands are pretty good. You know how males look for a bit of sympathy… 🙂

Oi Bobbs, who you calling stupid? 🙂 🙂 🙂

That palm self seeded. I’m thinking of cutting it out actually. But they are so tough. A couple of others grew from seed and even though I have cut the tops off to kill them, they still continue to shoot up!

BobbeeBobbee

:wave:

No sympathy from me young fellow me lad. You wear gloves or you’ll end up with a nasty bite from a creature whose home you are disturbing with all that digging etc. 🙁

Re the palm, I did wonder why you would have such a vicious plant. It’s seems to be the natural way of things that the plants we don’t want, love to grow in our gardens and some of the ones we do want won’t grow for love or money. :S

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Steve post=322660 wrote: Real men don’t wear gloves Hummers!!!! 😆 😆 😆

What ??? .. it’s not just a rumour.. there really is real men out there ?

LOL, not sure I believe that.. comming from a bloke n’ all :laugh:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

:-p~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

hahahaha

geminiscgeminisc

Humbug post=322699 wrote:

Real men don’t wear gloves Hummers!!!! 😆 😆 😆

What ??? .. it’s not just a rumour.. there really is real men out there ?

LOL, not sure I believe that.. comming from a bloke n’ all :laugh:

bwahahahahah :laugh:

great looking garden. looks like yours is the biggest on that block!

the fencing on your veggie patch with the wire looks pretty clever – is it easily removed when you want to weed/pick veggies etc?

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Thanks Geminisc 🙂

Those screens are just made from concrete reo covered with bird wire. When I cut the reo, I left prongs on the bottom that just push into the soil so very easy to move when I want to work on the garden.

If that doesn’t make sense, I can pull one out and take a pic when I get home tonight.

geminiscgeminisc

nah that’s cool. i get what you mean.

i’ve been working on my garden too. amazing what the warm weather does – brings us all out of hibernation. least me anyway. :laugh:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Very lazy day today – I had big plans but motivation was a problem. But I have all these different flowers popping up around the place so I took a couple of pics…

Clivea

King Orchid

May Bush (it got attacked and had the lower branches cut back a month or two ago. It would have been really lovely if it was still intact.)

Hopefully the motivation might return tomorrow… 🙂

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Beautiful DrStevil 👿 , I have quite a few Clivea, fantastic plant for color in deep shade :tup:

Hope you get some motivation for tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.