Aussies Living Simply

Steve's Joint

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    karyn26

Looks great Steve,know I can see how the pumpkin got over to the neighbours,they’re fairly close.

busylizzie

Sorry Sir, I remembered and got some Purple Queens today as well :tup: not many in a packet, will be seed saving some of these. Betcha I can grow them better then you can Sir πŸ˜›

Sir Dr Stevil πŸ‘Ώ

Steve

busylizzie post=322092 wrote: Sorry Sir, I remembered and got some Purple Queens today as well :tup: not many in a packet, will be seed saving some of these. Betcha I can grow them better then you can Sir πŸ˜›

Sir Dr Stevil πŸ‘Ώ

That’s better! Nice to see you are so genuine about it too! πŸ™‚

So besides the pumpkin challenge, do we have a Purkle Bean challenge as well?

sue e

another well organized garedener! :cheer: looks brilliant Steve. How I would love that tank! πŸ˜‰

Steve

I’m not so sure about organised Sue. πŸ™‚

OK here are some shots of the ornamental gardens. These photos were taken last year and look much better than the garden is now. The first lot were taken in March which is after our wet season so the garden is all green.

The front garden viewed from the house. Seeing I’m so modest, I won’t tell you I built the wall… πŸ˜‰

Same but from a different direction.

Looking in from the street.

Front garden again.

View from our kitchen window.

These next three photos were taken in September 2010. We have special wildlife in our garden! Boys and trees – they just go so well together…

Staghorns and crows nests.

I love this hippeastrum! They are just sending up buds right now for this years flowering! I have heaps dotted around the garden.

Bobbee

:wave:

Hells Bells Stevie boy you are a bloomin’ marvelous gardener, AND wall builder. :clap:

I heartily approve and you may continue………………. πŸ˜›

Your garden is lovely Steve you may be justifiably proud, that is a gorgeous kitchen window view, and I should know ‘cos mine’s pretty damn good too, but not manicured like yours. My garden grows somewhat on the ‘wild side’. :laugh:

Happy day,

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Steve

Awww shucks Bobbee, fanks. :blush:

Bobbee post=322119 wrote: My garden grows somewhat on the ‘wild side’.

Why do you think I posted last years photos… πŸ˜‰

Bobbee

:wave:

Clever boy. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

sue e

try as I might just can’t get things as tidy and well laid out – it all looks beautiful- inspirational :tup:

Steve

Thanks Sue, it just evolved over time… πŸ™‚

We’ve been in this house for nearly eighteen years now.

Wow, Steve.

Lovely job, front and back yard!

dianne

Steve post=322096 wrote:

Sorry Sir, I remembered and got some Purple Queens today as well :tup: not many in a packet, will be seed saving some of these. Betcha I can grow them better then you can Sir πŸ˜›

Sir Dr Stevil πŸ‘Ώ

That’s better! Nice to see you are so genuine about it too! πŸ™‚

So besides the pumpkin challenge, do we have a Purkle Bean challenge as well?

yer :tup: :tup: :tup: there is a thread somewhere, sure you can find it πŸ˜‰

Gosh, I do miss Tully. also wish I had your view out my kitchen window, I have a shed and the view into someones elses place. Feel like a peeping tom doing the washing up sometimes :whistle:

mistyhollows

:laugh: We have the same kind of wildlife here too Steve. Can be very destructive at times as well πŸ˜› Lovely gardens. :clap:

Steve

Well today I cleaned up this little section of garden. There was a dead avocado tree, heaps of pigeon peas and salvias and a ton of bloody couch grass growing here.

I cleaned it all out, dug it over, dug compost into it and then mulched. I also cut the bottom fronds off the cotton palm (and cut my hands to shreds in the process). They have savage thorns all down the frond!

Here it is all finished

I planted my bay tree in the garden as well. You can just see it in the above photo – here’s a close up…

Hummer

Steve post=322648 wrote: Well today I cleaned up this little section of garden. There was a dead avocado tree, heaps of pigeon peas and salvias and a ton of bloody couch grass growing here.

I cleaned it all out, dug it over, dug compost into it and then mulched. I also cut the bottom fronds off the cotton palm (and cut my hands to shreds in the process). They have savage thorns all down the frond!

Thats why they made gloves :S

Good clean up job outta the way though :tup:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.