Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Steam or flame weeder for the home garden?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Weed Identification Steam or flame weeder for the home garden?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    FishfoodFishfood

Yep super will kill onion weed

GrethGreth

Epiphany, my local newsagent and the general store both keep all the copies of papers which havent been sold. They eventually return them for recycling. They are usually happy to hand over an armload or two if I ask. God knows how many millions of words someone thought fit to print is currently feeding the worms under the mulch!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Guinea pigs eat weeds 🙂

GrethGreth

Not as fast as they can grow, hehe

roadwarriorroadwarrior

Fishfood wrote:

Yep super will kill onion weed

Fishfood: You’ve done this before? Can you explain how much super is required? A few pellets around the infested area, or a handful?

I’d much rather use super than glyphosate.

FishfoodFishfood

When we had the hobby farm i supered the spud patch 200 by 50 ft just by spreading just like chook food [not very scientific i know ]

FishfoodFishfood

When we had the hobby farm i supered the spud patch 200 by 50 ft just by spreading just like chook food [not very scientific i know ]

roadwarriorroadwarrior

And how long did it take before you saw the onion weed die off? Did it kill all of them? This sounds promising.

GrethGreth

Salt is another solution if there are weedy areas which you will not be growing anything in.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Greth, guinea pigs are hungry little creatures and if you have enough of them can do substantial damage to any weedy area :tup:

FishfoodFishfood

roadwarrior wrote:

And how long did it take before you saw the onion weed die off? Did it kill all of them? This sounds promising.

been a while since the farm pretty shore second year there wasent any weed in the spud patch

dibbzdibbz

What I struggle with here is that fact that burning organic matter such as tobacco releases several deadly chemicals, how is it possible that burning other types of plant material and then growing a crop in it any different?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.