Aussies Living Simply

SOUTH EAST QLD GET TOGETHER

Home Forums Regional Groups Queensland SOUTH EAST QLD GET TOGETHER

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

barefoot_misty wrote:

I posted this on DTE, but thought I would copy it here for people that might be coming and interested.

I have a curry plant here, but I am bad at getting cuttings to strike, but happy to share some newly cut bits with anyone who wants to try. I will probably have some fresh eggs also, the girls have just come back on the lay and are going crazy. If anyone is wanting to start a worm farm, I can bring margarine containers or the like of worm farm worms, let me know though otherwise it will be a big day for them for no reason.

Looking forward to meeting people 🙂

Hi b_m I’d like a curry plant cutting please, and some worms would be great.My farm was raided by rats which ate a lot of the worms!!! Obviously you won’t need eggs but I’ll find something to swap with you

No probs BlueWren. If you don’t have anything to swap that is fine. There have been lovely people on here who have sent me seeds when I had nothing to send in return.

Just wanted to point out that it is curry plant I have, not curry leaf. They are totally different things. The good news is it’s about the only herb that the chooks have left alone.

russellrussell

anyone need comfrey:)

Yes please, Russell!

I am still building up my herb garden, also replacing and trying to rescue what is left after a very well planned chook attack.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve just did a little weeding and found some Lemon Balm seedlings I think :confused: they have a lemon scent to them and I can’t think of anything else I had lemony….. so is anyone interested??

Judi, anything herbish is great for me. I will take my chances.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I don’t really want any fruit/vegie/herbs, but I would love it if someone had a spare plant of Walking Iris/ Brazilian Walking Iris Neomarica gracilis as it was another plant I forgot to bring from Brisbane.

For those who don’t know it …

http://heartgarden.com.au/description.asp?id=9

I’ve also got a few egg cartons for anyone who want them.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

just reminding everyone, it’s BYO everything – keep in mind not to sure about the BBQs

marzmarz

Judi B wrote:

I don’t really want any fruit/vegie/herbs, but I would love it if someone had a spare plant of Walking Iris/ Brazilian Walking Iris Neomarica gracilis as it was another plant I forgot to bring from Brisbane.

For those who don’t know it …

http://heartgarden.com.au/description.asp?id=9

I’ve also got a few egg cartons for anyone who want them.

I’ll put my hand up for both of those 🙂

I have some of those irises in the garden and could always do with more egg cartons, thanks Jude.

marzmarz

Just checked the irises and there’s only one that has taken root. I remember now, I cut the others off when they finished flowering :uhoh: Is that ok?

HerbmanHerbman

I might not be able to make it anymore. My mother-in-law’s aunty is moving to a nursing home and I might have to help empty out her house.

Have a great time there everyone 🙂

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

oh Herby, that will be a big job

I only had mums 1 bdrm unit to do and that was enough

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Oh Herby I even went and bought a postcard for you.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

anyone like some bush lemons, before I juice them

BlueWrenBlueWren

Herbman wrote:

I might not be able to make it anymore. My mother-in-law’s aunty is moving to a nursing home and I might have to help empty out her house.

Have a great time there everyone 🙂

We’ll miss seeing you again Herby. 🙁 Hope the move goes OK for Aunty.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.