Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

SOUTH EAST QLD GET TOGETHER

Home Forums Regional Groups Queensland SOUTH EAST QLD GET TOGETHER

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

ok, there will be a get together on the 2/10/10

a few people from Down To Earth are getting together on that day, they are wanting to visit the nanango markets, then we will meet at the Lions park in nanango, on the highway, next to the BP service station coming into town.

If anyone on ALS is interested in joining us, you are more than welcome, and would be lovely to see you all again.

there is 2 bbqs (electric) but not sure on the working capacity of them.

it will also be the funfest weekend, so apart from the markets, there will be other stuff to look at, and I will have a few programs for people to peruse

if there are any questions, please ask them, but all are welcome,

I will go with byo everything, unless you wish to do the same as at the last one :hug:

HerbmanHerbman

Ooh 🙂 I’ll be there. Will be great to see you again Calliecat 🙂 And others too 😀

I’ll bring my camping gas stove and small cast iron frying pan – it’s just a little single burner but cooks great sausages (only a few at a time though).

Will also bring the billy so that we can boil water for coffee or tea.

What time?

Will the lovely Rhonda be there? Haven’t seen her in 3 or 4 years.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

first off, will bring a chair for you 🙂 – just in case

well the market finishes at 12, so anytime after that

I did ask Rhonda last time and she was too busy, and for the moment she is too busy to even do her blog, so guess that would mean no 🙁 would be nice to meet her in person

hopefully the park wont be too full, but still plenty of shade anyway, even if we are not under cover

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

double post

Shangri LaShangri La

I’d love to come calliecat but i will be in brisbane catching up with an old friend, hope you all have a great day

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’m waiting to hear back from the boys.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

blue wren told me of a better park about 20mins further on in kingaroy,will have a look today, and report back – think ours might be too full with funfest and everything

ccBearccBear

Unable to make it have fun :tup:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

as you were people, the lunch will be at the Lions Park on the highway, coming in to Nanango, next door to the BP

come along anytime, the markets finish at 12 noon but if you are not interested in the markets, the funfest is on that weekend, and you might like – do have a programme but don’t know how to scan it, so maybe it will be on the internet

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I have heard that the boys wont be coming for the markets so I should be able to make it…. but will be very tired.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

have a snooze in the shade 🙂

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I hope everything dries out before then.

I have some seeds to swap also the dreaded “triffids” if anyone is interested in yarrow, chamomile or feverfew I can pot some up before they drown, I have some type of succulent that I had to cut back and there are 3-4 pieces, I’m going to divide my lemongrass and arrowroot soon I can pot some up if interested.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Hi Judi The herb seedlings you gave me at the SBGTG grew on really well in larger pots and are all in the ground now, looking good. I’d love some lemongrass and arrowroot if spare please. I ‘ll call into the park for a short while after I finish my stall at the markets.Don’t think I’ll have anything to swap though – maybe eggs?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I would love some lemon grass please, if you have enough

I posted this on DTE, but thought I would copy it here for people that might be coming and interested.

I have a curry plant here, but I am bad at getting cuttings to strike, but happy to share some newly cut bits with anyone who wants to try. I will probably have some fresh eggs also, the girls have just come back on the lay and are going crazy. If anyone is wanting to start a worm farm, I can bring margarine containers or the like of worm farm worms, let me know though otherwise it will be a big day for them for no reason.

Looking forward to meeting people 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.