Aussies Living Simply

South Burnett Permaculture/Organic Group second meeting 16th July.

Home Forums Regional Groups Queensland South Burnett Permaculture/Organic Group second meeting 16th July.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

Bobbee This recently formed group is for anyone in the South Burnett Region but of course ALS is well represented.There are some incredibly exciting things happening in the Burnett,many of which have sprung from the Sustainability Gathering held earlier in the year. :clap: :clap: :clap: Food security is high on the agenda and one project is redeveloping over 100 acres of farmland using full permaculture principles,and which will include many demonstration projects,techniques etc.No pics this time.Would have primarily been of very rugged up people , talking or eating , or of vast quantities of citrus begging to be given away!!Promise there will be pics sometimes! 🙂

BlueWrenBlueWren

Judi B post=317328 wrote: The artichokes will grow about 30-50cm high, that can sprawl 30-50cm across, tubers 4-6cm long… you can either put them in a pot or put them somewhere that you wont mind them being forever.

:hug: we all have senior moments

Can I put the artichokes in the ground now? Or pot up and wait for spring?

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

You can plant them now I’m just about to do some that had started sprouting… bit slack on the harvesting this year :blush: .

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Well I’m having a “senior moment” now :huh: for the life of me I can’t remember the name of the chap that spoke first and DH is no better :laugh:

BlueWrenBlueWren

Judi B post=317360 wrote: Well I’m having a “senior moment” now :huh: for the life of me I can’t remember the name of the chap that spoke first and DH is no better :laugh:

Brian Jarvis

BobbeeBobbee

BlueWren post=317333 wrote: Bobbee This recently formed group is for anyone in the South Burnett Region but of course ALS is well represented.There are some incredibly exciting things happening in the Burnett,many of which have sprung from the Sustainability Gathering held earlier in the year. :clap: :clap: :clap: Food security is high on the agenda and one project is redeveloping over 100 acres of farmland using full permaculture principles,and which will include many demonstration projects,techniques etc.No pics this time.Would have primarily been of very rugged up people , talking or eating , or of vast quantities of citrus begging to be given away!!Promise there will be pics sometimes! 🙂

:wave:

That’ll teach me a lesson BlueWren. :blush: Next time I’ll start reading at the beginning of a thread. :S Well………….maybe…. :whistle:

Thankyou for setting me right. :tup:

Take care,

Bobbs :hug: :hug:

marzmarz

Glad to hear you all had a great time again at the gathering – I sort of lost my enthusiasm when I read the spiel in the newsletter and wondered if it was going to turn into a ‘flog your business’ meeting. Must have been having one of those days 🙁

Anyway, DH was home for the weekend after two weeks away so we had a nice cosy time together :woohoo:

See you all at the next one hopefully.

BlueWrenBlueWren

marz post=317439 wrote: Glad to hear you all had a great time again at the gathering – I sort of lost my enthusiasm when I read the spiel in the newsletter and wondered if it was going to turn into a ‘flog your business’ meeting. Must have been having one of those days 🙁

Anyway, DH was home for the weekend after two weeks away so we had a nice cosy time together :woohoo:

See you all at the next one hopefully.

Good to have DH home for a while.And good cosy weather too. Not sure what you mean by “newsletter”? Megan’s emails?I think the group will develop along good lines.Everyone wants “informal gatherings” without “meetings” with agendas,minutes,reports etc etc.Likely to keep the WONDAI CWA hall as the main venue as all facilities are there and there’s also a back yard if we/kids want to be outside.Folk also wanted to visit other members’ properties for some meetings to get ideas etc,and also there could be “permablitzs” down the track.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve been in several groups but I really like the informal feel of the meetings I think things start to go haywire when you have a committee, those in charge think they rule the roost, they have secret meetings and decide what next to do, but the meetings or get togethers we’ve had so far is really relaxed and friendly. :tup:

marzmarz

I agree that the first gathering was informal and fun. I didn’t mean ‘formal meetings with minutes etc’. I think it’s great that we can get togther and share ideas, information and all that stuff. I was just a bit annoyed that we gave our email addresses for info on the permaculture group and they were used to send unsolicited mail about their new multi-level marketing business. i understand they might be excited about it, so were we when we started ours 17 years ago.

I wasn’t the only person to think along these lines as someone else has mentioned it to me as well.

I will try and get to the next gathering but I do have a market on that day.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.