Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

South Burnett Permaculture/Organic Group second meeting 16th July.

Home Forums Regional Groups Queensland South Burnett Permaculture/Organic Group second meeting 16th July.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

We meet again on Saturday 16th at 1.00pm in Dingo Park,Wondai,on the highway just out of town if fine,at the CWA hall near the RSL if wet or threatening.Rain is forecast. :clap: Bring a sweet or savoury “plate” to share if you can at either venue,if in the park also bring your own cups,plates,cutlery,chairs and flask of hot water for drinks,optional for the hall.May be a $1 for every item Bring and Buy table of small items , eg plant cuttings, the $1s to go to a group kitty for expenses,or a donation to somewhere etc.Also can bring items/produce to sell or swap etc.This group has got off to a great start,well over thirty folk at the first meeting, with several ALS folk attending,so if you are within reach come and join us. :tup:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’m looking forward to it … another place to offload some lemons and grapefruit.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I’ll be there 🙂

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

so will these :laugh:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

yes please judi

marzmarz

Hey JudiB, what are those funny white caterpillar-looking things? 🙂

BlueWrenBlueWren

I’ll let Judi answer that! Will you make it to the meeting marz? I know you have market…….could be a wet one!

BlueWrenBlueWren

I think we will likely be in the CWA Hall this time.Been raining in Kingaroy for hours, so that forcast was correct!

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

it’s cold and wet, don’t like going out in this kind of weather 🙁

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

marz post=317279 wrote: Hey JudiB, what are those funny white caterpillar-looking things? 🙂

Look like witchetty grubs dont’t they, they are Chinese Artichokes Stachys affinis nice and crunchy can be eaten raw or in Stir fry…. taste is like a very, very mild radish.

We will be going and bringing marigold with us… DH said he may even wear long pants :jawdrop: not seen very often always in shorts.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Another great get together this afternoon , indoors of course at the CWA hall in Murgon. :tup: Lots of good chat about this,that and the other pertaining to “growing stuff”.Some members’ gardens have sustained major frost damage so rescue suggestions were welcome.There was some interesting discussion about native bees.Lots of seed and produce swaps.It was suggested that in the odd months,ie Jan,March,May etc we meet on the second Saturday afternoon and in the even months, ie Feb,April,June etc we meet on the second Sunday afternoon,to enable as many folk as possible to attend.This idea was well received.Good to catch up with several local ALS folk.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

BlueWren post=317324 wrote: Another great get together this afternoon , indoors of course at the CWA hall in Murgon. :tup:

Did we go to the same meeting???

I was in the CWA Hall in Wondai…. but had a good time I didn’t have to bring home any lemons or grapefruit… thanks for the eggs too.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Judi B post=317325 wrote:

Another great get together this afternoon , indoors of course at the CWA hall in Murgon. :tup:

Did we go to the same meeting???

I was in the CWA Hall in Wondai…. but had a good time I didn’t have to bring home any lemons or grapefruit… thanks for the eggs too.

Whoops! :ohmy: :ohmy: Senior moment! Thanks for the seeds and triffids,Judi,and I will pot up the artichoke tomorrow.How big can they grow?

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

The artichokes will grow about 30-50cm high, that can sprawl 30-50cm across, tubers 4-6cm long… you can either put them in a pot or put them somewhere that you wont mind them being forever.

:hug: we all have senior moments

BobbeeBobbee

:wave:

It’s always great to hear about successful als get-to-gethers. :hug: :hug:

Any pics???

Take care,

Bobbs :hug: :hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.