Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

South Burnett GTG on 5/11 is a goer! PLEASE READ THIS POST IF YOU ARE COMING.

Home Forums Regional Groups Queensland South Burnett GTG on 5/11 is a goer! PLEASE READ THIS POST IF YOU ARE COMING.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

Only a slight chance of a shower and we are looking forward to catching up with everyone.We have decided that BYO lunch by everyone will be simpler, please. We now expect to have tea, coffee etc and hot water for a cuppa but please bring your own cups .Meeting at the park at 12.00 noon near the BP servo on the highway, Yarraman side of Nanango.The markets are held at the Showgrounds.

Feel free to bring swaps or sales – plants,cuttings,seeds,produce,soap etc – but don’t worry if you don’t have anything handy.

Don’t forget about the Blackbutt Range delays if you are coming from the south.One way up the Range on the hour and half hour,one way down at quarter to and quarter past.Must stay in your vehicle.

Looking forward to seeing you! :clap: :tup: :wave:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

I’ll be there! Can’t wait to meet more ALSers…. 🙂

BlueWrenBlueWren

Steve post=328545 wrote: I’ll be there! Can’t wait to meet more ALSers…. 🙂

:tup: :clap: :tup: :clap: :tup: :clap:

debbie vdkdebbie vdk

I wish I could be there but I’m working 🙁 maybe next time though,I’m about to have my roster changed to having every second weekend off..better than one off a month! :cheer:

BlueWrenBlueWren

Debbie, We only have a GTG about twice a year here as we local ALSers catch up at the South Burnett Permaculture Group every month.Next time we organise a wider GTG we could perhaps fit it around your roster if you would like to join us.

debbie vdkdebbie vdk

:kiss: thank you bluewren, I would love to meet you all one day 🙂

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

I’m a bit short on things to bring along for swapsies. I do have some yummy orange sweet potatoes that my neighbour brought back from Alice Springs so I can grab some cuttings from those – probably some tubers as well. I expect most people would have sweet potatoes already so not sure if that would be appropriate. What do you think?

Oh I do have four sons I suppose I could swap….. 👿

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Steve post=328617 wrote: I’m a bit short on things to bring along for swapsies. I do have some yummy orange sweet potatoes that my neighbour brought back from Alice Springs so I can grab some cuttings from those – probably some tubers as well. I expect most people would have sweet potatoes already so not sure if that would be appropriate. What do you think?

Oh I do have four sons I suppose I could swap….. 👿

I’d be interested in sweet potatoes as I think what I had in the garden rotted due to all the rain earlier this year.

four sons hmmmmmmm do they know how to use a push mower???

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

OK, I’ll bring some cuttings/tubers…

Yes sons know how to mow but they seem to think there is a big brown snake wrapped around the mower handle – they won’t go near it! hehe

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Steve post=328621 wrote:

Yes sons know how to mow but they seem to think there is a big brown snake wrapped around the mower handle – they won’t go near it! hehe

Well around here there probably could be a snake wrapped around the handle….

I have some seeds and plants to swap Tromboncino, snake beans, peas Lacy Lady, chinese artichokes, tansey and comfrey….. that’s all I can think of right now

Blue Wren I have some lemongrass for you.

BlueWrenBlueWren

EVERYONE! Please don’t be concerned if you don’t have much to swap , I don’t either ,apart from feral tomatoes, nasturtium and dwarf snake bean seeds and very mixed Asian- no- guarantees -seeds! we are just interested in meeting like minded folk and having a face to a name. Hot water and coffee tea etc is organised, but please bring your own chairs, your lunch, a cup/mug and your own COLD water to drink.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

same here – not to worry, just bring yourselves –

I on the other hand, have soap

lots and lots of soap

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Yeah don’t worry if you have nothing to swap… offloading our surplus is good for me and just meeting like minded people is enough.

I’m glad BW mentioned the water town water here is bad enough to kill a brown dog.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Coffee/tea water will be tank!!

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

yes, only bring drinking water for yourselves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.