Aussies Living Simply

Some sort of fungus on my spinach??

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables Some sort of fungus on my spinach??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    veggie boyveggie boy

I have some english spinach growing and have just started harvesting outer leaves. It tastes great – has a lovely nutty taste, but I have noticed that the inside leaves now have hundreds of white things on them that look a bit like small grains of sand. I am assuming it is some sort of fungus and seem to recall having a similar problem once before.

Can anybody fill me in on what it is and a remedy?

Thanks.

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Not mealy bug is it?

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Hi veggie boy .. little knowledge to share here, other than fungi likes protected, moist environments. If it is a fungus .. and chance of spreading the leaves – allowing more air/light to deter further fungi growth?

Maybe just try it with a few affected plants to see what happens…

Good luck.

veggie boyveggie boy

Steve – definitely not mealy bug. Looks more like hundred of little white spores.

Andre – my thinning of the plants by removing the outer leaves will do this – but this is pretty widespread already so I don’t think that will sort it.

Thanks.

marzmarz

Don’t know what it might be, don’t seem to get any bugs in my garden but try blasting them off with the hose or maybe spraying with soapy water. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.