Aussies Living Simply

Soap Swap – September 2010

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Swappers Central Soap Swap – September 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    MileyMoonMileyMoon

Gianna wrote:

So I have this soap made on the spring equinox full moon at midnight, which I am sure could be very magical or something!

Ooh, I never thought of that. I did the same and made two batches and went to bed around 2am. 😆

What did you add to the ‘magical soap’?

There is a soap that makes special soap on the new moon and full moon at midnight etc and charges more for it. She only makes one batch and usually includes special EO’s

I used honey, oatmeal and Calendula petals… no EO’s. I am not sure how special this is but the petals were a whim created while I was stiring. I think if I tried to plan a soap on a day like this I could never manage.

I thought I was the only nut making soap in the middle of the night 😆

GiannaGianna

I made a batch of plain olive oil soap and a fancy batch with colour and violet scent.

MileyMoonMileyMoon

WOW! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

harooneyharooney

Beautiful soap!

So I was up until 2.30 last night, It didn’t occur to me to make soap though, I stand corrected!

shadowdancershadowdancer

I thought I was the only nut making soap in the middle of the night 😆

Sorry Miley…not a chance. We’re all soaping nuts. I got out of bed one time, just cause I couldnt stop thinking of this particular recipe, and made it! 😀 Got back into bed, in time for Hubby to get out of bed! LOL. Nice timing…bed to myself! 😆

MileyMoonMileyMoon

I knew ALS was the perfect place for me… I love being surounded by nuts!

Of course Hubby thinks I need to be ‘commited’…. I am already committed just in a different way 🙂

GiannaGianna

So far we have:

lynnie – PM received with address details.

PeeJay

shadowdancer – PM received with address details.

kerrieb – PM received with address details.

redhen2 – PM received with address details.

MileyMoon – PM received with address details.

Erthgirl – PM received with address details.

Neata – PM received with address details.

Gianna – PM received with address details.

GirlFriday – PM received with address details.

harooney

Click here for Some Soap Recipes

GirlFridayGirlFriday

Well, I made my first batch of soap EVER last week. I am pretty impressed- it is certainly nowhere near as beautiful as the piccys above but it smells nice and turned out the colour it was meant to (phew!). :tup:

GiannaGianna

GirlFriday wrote:

Well, I made my first batch of soap EVER last week. I am pretty impressed- it is certainly nowhere near as beautiful as the piccys above but it smells nice and turned out the colour it was meant to (phew!). :tup:

That’s wonderful GF. I’m surprised you haven’t made more since your first batch. Once I actually got started, I was really hooked. 😆

I should post a photo of my first soap from over 2 years ago. I still have the soap in the cupboard. It’s not pretty. 😆

GirlFridayGirlFriday

School holidays Gianna 😉 Coupled with Spring cleaning. I did however purchase a soapmaking book with different recipes in it and I am looking forward to trying them out 😉

shadowdancershadowdancer

Woop Woop GF!!! well done. I can’t even remember my first soap! It was made around 10 years ago…let alone keeping a bit 😆 I think it was a calendula soap, of which I still make today, being one of my biggest sellers!

I can’t wait to do this swap…it’s going to be fun.

Welcome to the madness that is our lives GF! It will soon take you over! :hug:

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

I am back from being away and “make soap moulds” has moved to the top of my to do list so hopefully in the next couple of weeks things will come together. Will keep all those who have offered to swap soap for a mould informed on progress:tup:

GiannaGianna

Just waiting on a PM with name and address details from Peejay and Harooney. :metal:

ErthgirlErthgirl

Still waiting to get my soap making gear back from a friend…. Grrrrrr she always seems to borrow it right when I need it… and is very tardy in returning it.

Not happy Jan :p

Hopefully I’ll be able to make some in the next couple of days.

GiannaGianna

How are the soap batches going? 🙂

Still waiting on a PM with name and address details from Peejay and Harooney. :hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.