Aussies Living Simply

Smoke Signals V telstra

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Living within your means Smoke Signals V telstra

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    gerrygerry

Dont really know what else I can do now, they have tried NGWL and that wont work, mobile with external aerial is not reliable, they say they cant bring it in in poles and trenching is out of the question due to distance and rock, so im not sure there is anything else i can do. Not very reasuring as the parkinsons progresses, also fires in the area recently and i didnt even know they were there.

narellehnarelleh

Why don’t they use a worm to put in the cable?

They did this here apparently – there are only 4 households on this side of the creek and they used a worm to put it about 20ft below the bed of the creek.

Gerry how do you access the internet??

robatclarerobatclare

Maybe it is time to call the manager for Telstra Country Wide in your area?

You can find out who it is from here:

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/corp/docs/TCW-executive-staff-and_locations.pdf

Ring Telstra and either ask to be put through to them or get his/her number and call them direct.

Tell them that you are unsatisfied and you want them personally to help you out as you need a phone line and they have an obligation to provide it.

Don’t give up. They will provide if you keep going.

Oh and BTW – it isn’t up to you, the customer, to work out the correct technology to get a phone line to your house. That is Telstra’s job – so let them know that you want a phone connection and don’t care how THEY provide it.

(Edited to add another point)

BalaBala
    Participant

When we got our landiline a couple of years ago it was $299. Telstra contractors underground bored and open trenched for about 400 meters, I then dug the trench on our property for about 750 meters, the contractor then came and laid the cable and I filled in the trench, then they connected it all up, my obligation was to provide the trench on our property.

So you would have to hire a contractor with a backhoe or excavtor to dig and fill in a trench, the rock sounds like an issue.

So telstra may get you with not providing the trench on your land.

Look up a locaal backhoe operator and get them to have a look, if they can only get 30cm then I dont think anyone will care, an operator could dig maybe 100 meters an hour so include travel, backfill you may budget on $500.

You may be able to get gov assistance to pay for the trenching.

Not sure if any of that helps but good luck and as suggested dont give up. Often you just have to keep going until you get onto the right person.

regards

Max

gerrygerry

still nothing from telstra once again. They decided to put in an interim sat service the tech turned up at the door the day after the appointment date and i was not there so he left everything at thne door never to be seen again. That was the 17th of last month never to be seen again

robatclarerobatclare

Ring Telstra and make a complaint. Don’t just complain to whoever you get, but say “I want to make a formal complaint”.

This should help.

GrethGreth

I will get DH, Ruddy Crazy onto this thread, or PM him, if you can get a relay up high on a hill you can improve your connection enormously, currently working on this. we have landline, but our satellite connection is scratchy, and we want broadband speeds etc, we like our net. DD does all her schooling via the satellite, and the connection is lost half the time, and costing lots because we have limited downloads.

narellehnarelleh

Our neighbours have a line that runs from the pit out front on our place to their property. There is a pole on our place which the wire goes up then it goes across the gullies(500m) to another pole then runs underground to their shed (400m).

Maybe a pole option would be serviceable and approved

Gerry there should be a booklet with the ph kit – it is easy to set them up -we have had them here before during long periods of no landline avail

gerrygerry

Just a quick one to say that Telstra havent given up yet. Had 2 techs here all day yesterday and a call from Brisbane after they left to say they were still working on it. They are sending down more equipment nd it should be here early next week.

gerrygerry

Well it finally happened, im now connected to the world via a Telstra Intrim Satelite service. Thanks to Kaz who got the ball rolling at Telstra.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Yay Gerry! Glad to hear that you are officially well connected!

Deb

gerrygerry

Jumped the gun, this service hasnt worked in days, so still not connected

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Oh bummer!

bluezbanditbluezbandit

I can almost feel the steam hissing out of your ears!

deb

gerrygerry

Hi Folks

Finally got a service that works, using a small aerial attached to the glass at the front of the house and works perfectly. No problems since it was installed a couple of weeks ago. Received a call from Telstra the other day to make an appointment to install an intrim service which i nvolves putting a large aerial on the roof. When I told them I had a service that works they said that they diddnt know what that was and that they had to replace it with this new service. So now I have to wait until the16th to find out what im getting and see if it works.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.