Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

slowlynow's property walkaround

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Property Tales slowlynow's property walkaround

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    slowlynowslowlynow

Here’s a little walkaround video for Dadism Farm! It’s a bit of a look around, hope you enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpfvgJQGxCg

This is a great way to look around someones dream, why not show yours off, would love a tour!!

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

its looking good

BobbeeBobbee

Thanks for the tour slowlynow, it’s looking good, a work in progress as most of our food stuff gardens are.

I look forward to an update on your aquaculture garden. That’s a nice healthy looking passion fruit you have growing there.

🙂

slowlynowslowlynow

Bobbee, the passion fruit is growing fantastically. I’m a little worried that the rampant root system of the passion fruit will start to infiltrate the garden beds in the vegie patch!

BobbeeBobbee

Oh! I hadn’t realized passion fruit root systems could be a problem slowlynow . I know from experience that the root systems don’t like to be interfered with.

🙂

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Thanks for letting us have a look around your gardens. It’s great to see where others are up to. We’re also on the NSW Sth Coast backing onto bush and have problems with citrus even growing. I’m persisting but the only one that has fruited consistently in 7 yrs is a Eureka lemon. The others struggle to even grow so I am starting to wonder if they’re even worth it. Mulberries are growing out of their skins and apples are growing beautifully. We have also had bananas and we get frost so they could be worth trying if you have a sheltered spot from the winds. The roos are another story and we’ve had to fence our entire gardens as I came out one morning and everything was gone. We’ve put the fruit trees into groves which has helped immensly with the weather they get battered with and also maintenance and letting the chooks clean up under them as each grove is fenced.

Hope you caught some of the recent rains in that huge tank.

slowlynowslowlynow

Mistyhollows, yeah citrus seem to be a bit of an enigma down here. Have been wanting to get a mulberry for some time, will have to get on that one!

Yep, fencing seems to be the one true deterrent for the wildlife, saving now for the orchard fence now!

Filled the tank before the last 75mm of rain, so ‘wasted’ around 22,500 litres :(. Guess the tank was flushed a bit!

slowlynowslowlynow

Latest editions to our ‘farm’

As Paul Kelly once said ‘from little things big things grow’!

JyeJye

Loved the first video! Do you have a link to your channel mate? Love to see updated videos to see the progress

slowlynowslowlynow

Jye,

As the name says it’s slowlynow here! We are making progress, just not overly quickly. Link to YouTube channel here.

Another update in progress, looking at the leaf cutter ants on my citrus and a little garden update!

Cheers

slowlynowslowlynow

Latest update, showing my poor Lemonade and it’s resident leaf cutter ant’s!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCjCI8Z3HIo

Does anyone know how to combat these blighters?? Anyone else have this problem?

JyeJye

Great update keep them coming 🙂

slowlynowslowlynow

A new video showing my prize five year old Jalapenos, the beginnings of the herb garden, the pumpkin patch and the totally abundant strawberries. Enjoy…

slowlynowslowlynow

A little bit of local foraging with my son! Jam the result!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7AyfOb4KI

Can’t beat locally available freebies!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.