Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Slightly busted slow cooker – what to do with it?

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Recycle Slightly busted slow cooker – what to do with it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RommieRommie

I made some soup in the slow cooker the other day and heard an intermittent hissing noise like water drops on a frying pan – it seems there’s a crack in one side of the ceramic pot and liquid must be oozing out into the base unit. 🙁 I’m concerned now that it won’t be efficient any longer as the steam seal won’t form at the top.

Can anything be done? If not, do you have suggestions for what to do with it or the parts? (eg The pot could be a planter if some holes are drilled in it) I don’t know if it’s safe to use glue for a repair but maybe I could use the cooker for non-food purposes (eg melting wax in it instead of using a double-boiler?)

I’m not sure I fancy my chances of finding a replacement pot – this thing 1970’s vintage (like me 😉 )

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

You might be surprised what you can find. Check places like ebay. I’ve got a 1970s vintage food mixed/blender that I can still find bits for on ebay.

Failing a replacement, you can try fitting another pot in it. Maybe one of those big casserole dishes. Might work.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

you can also use it for planting seeds in, – like a thingi watsit that i cannot for the life of me remember what the name is –

humidi thing, how pathetic is this post :blush:

you know – someone help me please :huh: :shrug:

this is getting worse the more I type :blush:

BobbeeBobbee

Green Harvest sell a heated propagation tray and also an electric propagator. Is that what you mean calliecat?

And don’t be concerned about forgetting the odd word here and there, the rest of us do it too. :hug:

🙂

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

that’s it, for propagation, but not a heated one though, never heard of heated – just put some punnets in there, with the lid on –

thankyou 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.